S5 Marshmallow Issues
Buster2X
Enthusiast - Level 1

Several issues with Marshmallow upgrade: 1) screen flickering, 2) some apps that are supposed to run on startup do not (they have the right permissions), 3) display is slow to light up after pressing power button, 4) bug in Smart Lock: Pattern confirmation is never confirmed, resulting in an endless loop. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: S5 Marshmallow Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to love your new software update, Buster2X. Please try disabling Power Saving Mode to alleviate your issue with the screen flickering and display lighting up issues. Here is how to 

Disable Power Saving Mode. To quickly disable Power Saving mode, slide down the Notification panel and hit the Quick Settings option button (three squares) in the upper right corner of the screen. From there, tap Power Saving to deselect this option.

For the display lighting issue please Set Touch Key Light Duration If the update set the Touch key light duration to "Always Off", this will disable the backlights for the soft keys. To correct this, go to Settings > Display > Touch Key Light Duration and choose the desired option.

As for certain applications not running on start up, what do you mean? Don’t all your application come up when you restart your device? You have to tap on them to open them. Please clarify this portion of your question for me so I can get a quick answer back to you.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Buster2X
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use a program called Call Blocker from Kedlin. It is supposed to startup automatically when the phone reboots. (It does this in Lollipop.) With Marshmallow, even though it has permission to start on boot, it doesn't. I realize this may be a problem with the app, so I have contacted the developer. But thank you for the hints on Power Saving.

bearone21
Legend

bring the screen brightness up 'til flicker goes away.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Buster2X - You’re welcome. It is always a pleasure to assist a member of our Verizon Wireless family. If you run into any issues, please let us know. We are alwys here for you.

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes