S5 Lollipop Applications Stopping
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the last Lollipop update last week (April 2 is when I got it), Amazon and Contacts keep showing a message that indicates that these applications have stopped.  In the case of Amazon, it continuously stops. The bad thing is unless you press 'OK' on the message, the phone basically halts until you press okay and then goes back to normal until Amazon stops again. The REALLY bad thing is that the alarm clock function halts as well until the Amazon stop message is cleared. My phone functioned fine until this latest update. I uninstalled all of the Amazon software I installed (i.e., Music, Kindle, etc.) and rebooted, but there is apparently some "bloat-ware" that must still be running. I just want this fixed.

0 Likes
Re: S5 Lollipop Applications Stopping
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@JBHall2012

I can imagine this has become an aggravating experience for you!  I would love to assist in resolving this wireless issue with you.

Please confirm which Lollipop version your Samsung Galaxy S 5 is currently running: http://vz.to/1LeGnei?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm on Android 5.0, build LRX21T.G900VVRU1BOC4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JBHall2012,

Thanks for confirming that your device is up to date. Have you checked the play store to ensure that your Amazon application is up to date as well?  Please also test your device in safe mode for improvements; http://vz.to/1B5LU1C .

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

All applications are supposedly current.  I've attached a screenshot of the message I get.Screenshot_2015-04-20-14-05-25.png

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you do not use amazon, you can disable the app in the app manager.

0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which 'Amazon' app is it? The phone came with a number of them and I do actually use Amazon Music. There is no application on my phone called just 'Amazon'. If there had been, I would have disabled that.

0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, 'Contacts' also has this error, so there is a issue here beyond just Amazon. It just that Amazon was the first application that failed. If I'd had the time, Contacts would have failed in another few minutes.

0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Traced things back to a piece of bloatware installed by either Samsung or Verizon called 'Amazon'. Took a bit but I was able to disable it. I cannot uninstall it because it's bloatware. Hopefully this will correct the problem.

Snn5
Legend

That's the Amazon I was talking about.

0 Likes