S5 Bluetooth Call Problem
PeMokover

I’m having some call problems with a S5 in my car (2014 BMW 535).

The phone and the car paired easily.  I have no trouble answering incoming calls through the car’s Bluetooth system.  As for outgoing calls…

If the S5 is “awake,” no problem making calls but if the S5 is in sleep mode I am not able to make an outgoing call through the car’s Bluetooth.  When I try to do that it just hangs.  If I manually wake the phone out of sleep mode everything is fine - until the phone goes into sleep mode again.  (The S5 is set to automatically go into sleep mode after 2 minutes of inactivity.)

I have no idea whether this is a S5 problem or a BMW problem.  I do have the latest BMW software.  (No such problem with my Droid Razr.)

Any clues appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: S5 Bluetooth Call Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PeMokeover,

This is an intereseting problem you've recognized.  We're happy to assist in any way.  It sounds like your S5 and BMW are not communicating properly when the device is in sleep mode.  Have you attempted to adjust the Visibility Timeout or screen timeout settings on the device?  This may help with the issue but may also have obvious impacts on your battery life.  Other than those settings the Samsung device wouldn't have anything else that would impact your calls.  I would at this point contact BMW for any further troubleshooting.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: S5 Bluetooth Call Problem
Drunder39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have any battery saving apps running that turn things off when the screen is off.. I use Juice Defender and it does exactly that but I tell it what to turn off and what to leave on.

If you do have this type of app, go into the settings and look around.. There will likely be an option to turn stuff off when the screen blanks out.

0 Likes