Re: S4 won't charge after 4.3 update
markh54

Wow -- glad or not glad that others are having issue after upgrade.  Verizon had to replace the phone.  Woke up Friday morning and phone was hot to the touch...wouldn't start.  Just got a "new" phone.  Also not happy about getting a refurb on a 3 month old phone.  Love the phone, but this is a horrible situation.  Please get it fixed ASAP.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying abean. A hard reset should resolve this issue. Did you reload the same apps after the reset? Have you tried multiple chargers? How about the original Samsung branded charger? Does it make a difference if you try to charge it with the device completely powered off? We are trying our best to troubleshoot your concerns; however, our control may be limited with an intermittent device concern, as we do not manufacture the devices or software.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

@JonathanK_VZW - Have you read any of the other threads going here? A hard reset is not going to fix the issue.

- Apps are irrelevant - it's a fresh O/S

- Yes, three different chargers

- No, do not have an OEM as Verizon store associates sold me the Verizon branded charger

- Have not tried with it off, shouldn't have to

Please touch base with your other team members that support these forums and your local on site teams. Please stop giving us generic responses that have nothing to do with the matters at hand. The 4.3 upgrade is the obvious culprit, so please stop sending users astray. Resetting the phone is not going to fix anyone's problem.

BobTheBuilder4

I am having the same issue.  My S4 will not charge any battery.  I have already tried everything I could and have narrowed it down specifically to my phone not charging the battery.  Happened about a day after I updated to 4.3.  About to do a hard reset after I back up some files, hopefully it works. 

0 Likes
BobTheBuilder4

^Don't know how to edit

UPDATE:  Just factory reset the phone and it did not help anything.  Phone still will not charge.  When the phone is turned off and I have the charger hooked up it will vibrate once about every 10 seconds.  Anyone know what this means?  Battery worked fine in friends phone.

0 Likes
Jomez

I have found one other non-Samsung that does work but many that do not.

My iBolt car dock that is plugged into some no-name 12v lighter socket

USB adapter works fine. I agree that not immediately alerting customers

is extremely poor service since others are wasting time trying to figure

out what is already known.

0 Likes
Jomez

I'm not saying that it is not an effective solution but it is awfully

extreme. They created the problem without me having to hard reset the

phone, so I would expect them to value their customer's time and create

a fix that does not require a hard reset. Makes sense to me, and

probably anyone else in this situation!

0 Likes
exodus1337

The issue is with 2 amp chargers... It only will work with 2amp or higher... for what ever reason before the update it would accept usb and under 2amp wall chargers... now it doesnt, well kinda.. if you unplug and plug in like 40 times you can sometimes get it to take the charge under 2amp... however usb to computer isnt working... so lame... s4 brand new phone and it doesnt even have 4.4.... samsung what a joke... never again will i buy a samsung phone.. s1 was crap and so is the s4...

>Edited for profanity<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm using a 1A charger (Verizon Wireless branded) and it works for the Galaxy S4.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

Hey, the hard reset does NOTHING!!  Verizon can you please tell us who we should contact to get a replacement phone?  If I am not able to get this fixed by the end of the week I will file a complaint - with photos - to the Oregon District Attorney  -

• I want to make sure we are covered for compensation in the event of a class action suit -

Thank you-

>Personal Info deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes