Re: S4 won't charge after 4.3 update
Jomez

Ok thanks I'll give that a try when I have time to rebuild the phone.

0 Likes
Sello
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also having the same problem. Just updated to 4.3 a few days ago and now mr Verizon provided car charger will not charge my Galaxy S4.

A hard reset seems rather harsh and does not seem like a service oriented approach to solving what is an obvious problem.

How about patching the upgrade! to make the charging revert to its original status.

>Minor edit to remove profanity<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

Jomez

One would think...

0 Likes
Sello
Enthusiast - Level 1

Incidentally, as someone previously noted about this issue, if you happen to have a car with a built in USB port plugging the phone into that does result in the phone charging. Just confirmed that about one hour ago.

I still think Verizon/Samsung whoever! when they learned of this fairly widespread issue should have altered it's customers and said there is a fix on its way or hard reset or something rather than leave us hanging out to dry. I though I had done something to the phone.

Lord knows how many folks out there haven't logged onto to boards to realize that something's afoot with the update.

IMHO

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would try what Nick suggested ( 9. Re: S4 won't charge after 4.3 update ) these Guys work with these phones every Day as there profession and use them at Home as We do I think it's Good idea to at Least Try it.. b33

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

I've done a hard reset on my phone and it still won't charge. It's quite obvious this is a wide spread problem as there are more forums blowing up over this issue: https://www.google.com/search?q=galaxy+s4+4.3+charging+issues&oq=galaxy+s4+4.3+charging+issues&aqs=c...

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

Nick or any other VZW rep, can we get an update on this issue? Again, it's obvious that this is a larger issue and we've yet to see any official response on the matter.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Understandable,  Forum members like me are here to help and we'll do as much as we can with what suggestions we have, I'v seen bad OS's come and go and with this one playing out as it is I'm sure there working on a Solution as fast as they can but you have to have patients I know that's hard to digest because you need your phone to work, My only other suggestion is if the time lingers on for a fix for the OS  then you may want to express your right to getting a new Device of the same or of another type like Motorola.. or iPhone..

Good Luck there b33

0 Likes
dhp58
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too am dead in the water. My phone actually died after the update. Well, rather took 4 days to die.It had most of the problems that people are reporting, but also my one of my email accounts stopped working properly, Wi-Fi issues, battery drain, etc. Then on the last day I put it on the charger before going to bed as I do every day, and when I woke up the phone was hot and dead. Black screen, not able to power up either alone, with charger or USB. Battery has juice per my husband's volt meter. I have lost everything, with no hope of recapture. A CLNR phone is on it's way, but I don't want a refurb phone to replace a phone that was working perfectly fine before their update, only to be actually killed by the update. I want a new phone, and one that doesn't have the update on it. At least you all have phones, with the exception it seems, being the first person on this thread, who I am replying to primarily. This is my first and last Samsung, and probably my last contract with Verizon. They need to be making this right instead of denying that there are issues with the update, and sending previously broken and repaired phones is not doing the right thing. I've never had a CLNR phone that didn't have to be replaced by another CLNR phone within 6 months at the latest.

abean
Contributor - Level 1

Here here!

I'm not overly excited to be replacing my perfectly fine phone with a refurb. I feel relatively confident that the issues will remain; however I do have a glimmer of hope. I say that only because of the hundreds of people raising complaints here and elsewhere, the phone sold what ... millions? I feel like we would have seen even more users complaining, so maybe by some odd chance, we're the minority that actually have some weird overlooked problem with our hardware? Who knows, I doubt it ... but there's wishful thinking.

I am right there with ya though. I've called VZW several times now, with the primary goal of getting acknowledgement of the issue and some sort of commitment to public notice as well as a time frame for resolution. Yet, for the most part, it seems that on phone and online, VZW is stating no such problems exist and simply wiping the phone or replacing it is the solution.

All in all, not too thrilled with the level of customer support by both Verizon and Samsung on these matters.

0 Likes