Re: S4 won't charge after 4.3 update
B33
Legend

Kelly one of the Verizon customer Reps on here suggested doing a Factory Reset I think it was for his son's phone you might give this a Try and see if it Helps but since this is effecting many customers there should be a Permanent fix coming soon..Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Factory reset is more trouble then restarting the phone in the car on occasion.  Since that is the only problem I am having and its intermittent, I think I'll just wait it out.  Wall charger that came with the phone works just fine.  The car charger is a third party charger.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like a good plan of action Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
Ryan_Williams
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me and my wife to the list of people with this issue. We bought car chargers from Verizon and now they don't work.  Even worse, my wife's charging cable has started to crap out, even without any visible damage. I can use any USB cable as long as it's plugged into the charging HEAD (with the plug) which indicates that the phone is recognizing that plug, not just the cable.

Lucky for me I keep my old USB cables from previous phones, but hope this gets fixed soon.

Is the charger that came with our phone covered under warranty?  Replacement cables would go a long way to carrying us over to the fix.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Mine seems to be charging perfectly now.  Not sure what happened, but its all good now.

B33
Legend

Hey that's Great.. Have a Happy & Safe Thanksgiving..Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
Stephndudb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list.  My phone bricked two days ago.  Was working fine at lunch.  Plugged it into the charger 20 minutes later and it displayed "No SIMM" and "100%" charge - which it wasn't.  Then it went black.  On any charger it cycles between black screen, empty battery, and a short vibration.  On battery power it's completely dead.  Tried different battery and various chargers to no avail.  Managed to wipe and reset to factory defaults, but that didn't fix it either.  Worse, Verizon refused to repair it under warrantee because I had a cosmetic "ding" on the upper left bezel from 5 months ago (plastic has tiny dent, glass intact).  Verizon claims my phone is damaged so they won't warrantee it.  Finally the manager gave me Samsung's number and I'm sending my phone directly to them.  They promised to repair it under warrantee if they decide the 5 month old "ding" didn't cause the problem.  Otherwise, I'll pay a flat repair fee - he said it was usually around $70.

VERIZON - YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE LAST UPDATE.  PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE IT AND TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS FAIRLY.

mabego

I had the same problem. After upgrade my phone stops charging using my verizon car charger. Reading the posts in my phone, one recomendation was to make a safe mode start to see if there was a problem with a software installed. I did this and my phone start charging again in my car. I restarted the phone again in normal mode and keep charging. Just noticed that the installed apps are now in a different screen that you have to select while looking at the factory installed apps. So my problem was solved without using a hard reset. Hope this helps. You can find the safe start mode in the help looking for safe start.

0 Likes
j22333

Add me to the list.  My S4 is dead.  Had to temporarily switch to my old iPhone 4 (which worked flawlessly for more than 2 years) so that at least I have a phone to use while the stupid S4 is getting fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's not the type of list we want you to be a part of j22333! Will your S4 power on at all? Have you tried more than one charger? How is the device being fixed?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes