S4 reception @home gone from bad to nearly non-existent
PCMACD

I've had an S4 SCH-I545 for about two years.

• Android 5.0.1 OS.
  • Kernel 3.4.0.
  • Build LRX22CI545VRUGOF1.

It replaced my Incredible, which worked exceptionnally well in my home before it went thru the laundry. I was on crutches when this happened, so I only used the phone from one location in my house, got ~two bars there. Din't get that many anyplace else @Home, and it has gotten worse to the point where it won't work most places in my home.

Over the holidays I had five other Verizon users in my home, mostly with current iPhones, and nobody got more than two bars.

I am surrounded by two story homes.  My phone will get one or two bars upstairs, sometimes.  It will usually work on the sidewalk in front of my house, and is completely dependable in the car when used with my Microsoft Sync system via Bluetooth connection.

I ran the recommended My Verizon diagnostics (after updating it) and there were no issues (at the time I was getting one to two bars.)

I live in Placentia on the north end of Limerick Drive.

I am very unhappy with this very expensive phone and lack of service in my home; am considering a new carrier.

HELP!

0 Likes
Re: S4 reception @home gone from bad to nearly non-existent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PCMACK Having a dependable signal is understandable. We definitely want you to be able to use your phone when you need it. Let's start our troubleshooting . The first step is to reset the phone by removing the SIM card. I'm including a link with the steps. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/77701 DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PCMACD

I had a new SIM installed a few weeks ago.  It made no difference at all.  I've done the recent update.  Same story.  Yesterday I was at

[Removed]

removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PCMACD-

I depend on my signal to work at most places specially at home so I can understand how concerning this can be. Are you having signal issues only at zip code 92806 or everywhere you go? How is signal outdoors?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes