Re: S4 not always sending text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose your valued business d6btex. What messaging app are you using? Does this happen with every sent message? Is it both text and picture/video messages? How are the other apps and functions on the device working?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Graftyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elector who must work for Verizon wants us to believe that Verizon has no fault in this.  I'm sure the getaway driver for a bank robbery would also use this logic as they didn't actually rob the bank.

Elector, are you having this problem?  Do you even have an S4?

Let me be VERY clear as you continually berate users that are suffering.  Verizon has a part of the blame.  VERIZON tested and approved the update to go to VERIZON customers. Full well knowing there were issues being reported for months on this kitkat update.  They used THEIR VERIZON network to do so.  VERIZON continues to  accept payment for a service they cannot provide.  VERIZON did not ensure their customer base could use their network which is not compatible with the devices VERIZON sells and provides to their customers.

Of course the initial problem is with Google and Samsung.  VERIZON is the get away driver in this heist.  The big problem here is the way VERIZON and SAMSUNG are handling this.  If they would just say "Yes, we know we messed this update up and we are very sorry. We are working very hard with Google and Samsung to expedite a solution. We will keep you posted at this web address with any information we have and we are hoping to have a new update 4.4.3 around this date".   This would let us all know that we are just in a holding pattern.

Samsung claims there is no issue, Verizon tells it's customers to do factory resets and play with settings.  Verizon support tells us it's a Samsung problem. Samsung states it's a Verizon problem.  I spent countless hours on the phone with both of them. Please DO NOT try and tell me I don't understand this issue. I will take my years of experience working in a Software/Hardware engineering environment over any experience or knowledge you may have.

Basically, unless you have something to offer to try and help the people that are suffering, please just go away and stop being a fan boy of Verizon.

Help for the new people: Current known Workarounds:

Text Messaging:  Cycle Airplane Mode on .. then off.  This resets the network connection that is stuck and then resent text messages.

Blue tooth dropping calls from your car: Unpair Device then Pair device.  When asked to sync contact lists choose no and don't ask me again.  This will allow you to use the calling features of Bluetooh.

KC2121
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Problem started with the update. Only fix is to reboot or cycle airplane mode off then on. Extremely frustrating to do between EVERY SINGLE TEXT MESSAGE.

And yes, I've tried the other solutions listed in this post with no success.

0 Likes
duc138

I am also having the same issues as everyone else after the update. I have to restart or do the airplane mode on/off thing multiple times per day just to be able to send texts. I have tried every idea stated in this thread from Verizon support. Zero help. This topic has been open since January and still no resolution. Come on..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want those messages to to sent KC2121! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties. Is there an error message when sending? What message app is this? Does this happen in more than one location?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help stop those issues duc138! Is this happening with every sent message? All contacts? Have you tried more than one message app? Do you manually power cycle(off/on) the device daily? How about a battery pull?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport

0 Likes
Graftyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Jonathan,

Want to fix mine too?  Do you have a 4.4.3 update with a fix you can push to my phone?

duc138

Not happening with every sent message, but once it happens, no messages will send to any contacts until I restart the phone. It happens with multiple contacts. I have no messaging apps installed on my phone. I do not power off the device daily, I never had to in the past, why would I have to now just because of the update? I have tried the battery pull... it did nothing to help the problems.

0 Likes
daugpack
Enthusiast - Level 1

JonathanK and any other Verizon Wireless Support that would love to listen: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD!  All 77 posts! PLEASE.

Do you understand that we are ALL having the SAME problem?  And do you understand that WE have determined (based on 77 posts in this thread, that it's because of the software upgrade?  And that NONE of the suggestions you give us are a permanent fix?  Do you get that!??!

Please - Verizon - we are your customers and we have an "issue" here that needs to be FIXED.  Please go to whomever you need (Google? Samsung?) to fix this.  We are UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS!!!!

Or - you can send us all S5s and I think that would 1) allow us to send text messages and 2) make us really happy customers that would sing your praises near and far.

0 Likes
rckrz6
Enthusiast - Level 3

LOL i don't think there're acual people just bots on auto reply.  And this is not a google issue as the verizon s4 is the only variant having this issue.. not every android phone on the market with 4.4.2

0 Likes