Re: S4 not always sending text messages
Graftyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Customer Service, please stop giving people false hope that there is some cache or configuration issue on their phone with this problem. This problem is DIRECTLY attributed to the 4.4.2 update and your network incompatibilities. 

VERIZON as the market leader in phone sales needs to put pressure on Samsung and Google for a fix. I have spent countless hours on the phone and chats with both Verizon and Samsung. You just won't admit there is a problem.  What will it take?  Attorney Generals making inquiries?

The Text Message Workaround is:

1. Put Airplane Mode on.

2. Put Airplane Mod off.

or

Reboot phone to reset the network connection.

Other than that, it's borderline fraud to tell anyone anything other than Verizon is failing as a service provider.  I bet if your account executives with Samsung told Samsung you would no longer sell Samsung phones that there would be a quick fix for those of us suffering through this horrible update and even worse customer service fiasco.

karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I filed a complaint with the BBB, Verizon's response to this complaint was to admit yes there is a problem and offer me a refurbished HTC1.  I just spent 1 and 1/2 hours with Samsung, who denies hearing of such a problem, who's response is that I have to send my phone into them for diagnosis.  I don't like either one of these offers.  Why would I want a refurbished phone first off?  I only bought this phone in March.  And I didn't buy a HTC1.  And if Samsung isn't even admitting to an issue, what good is it to send in my phone?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You are caught in one of the gotchas by the phone maker.

The manufacturer is responsible not Verizon wireless.

They will swap it out, but that is the best they can do.

Personally I would file a complaint against the maker of the device.

remember if they have you send it to them it will take about a month maybe more to get the original device back.

Verizon will send one in a few days but it may have a worse problem then what you sent it in for since it is a refurbished device.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Graftyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elector,

You are wrong on many levels.  Although the actual software problem is in Google's hands, Samsung has to test and approve it with their device.  They did a poor job of it.  Verizon then takes the Samsung code, makes it's changes to it (you know all the bloatware they put on it) and then tests it again.  Again, their QA also failed.  Once Verizon approves it, they then push it out on THEIR network.

Verizon is every bit at fault as Samsung and Google.  They pushed it through their network to their customers.  Verizon is now failing as a re-seller of the phones and should be putting pressure on Samsung/Google to fix the issues.  All Verizon does is waste peoples time telling them to factory reset, clear cache and go into safe mode. 

It's 100% a software problem.  That they would rather just spin people in Customer Service until they go away.

BTW: Samsung told me that the text message failing problem was Verizon's fault, not theirs. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

My reply is in BOLD and Underlined:

Graftyman wrote:

Elector,

You are wrong on many levels.  Although the actual software problem is in Google's hands, Samsung has to test and approve it with their device.  They did a poor job of it.  Verizon then takes the Samsung code, makes it's changes to it (you know all the bloatware they put on it) and then tests it again.  Again, their QA also failed.  Once Verizon approves it, they then push it out on THEIR network.

Verizon can push it out only when Samsung gives it to them. Personally Verizon should not touch any updates from any device maker. Apple does their own updates and yet Apple users are on here blaming Verizon. You see you are totally incorrect it is the base coding that makes the device fail after the updates are pushed out.

Verizon is every bit at fault as Samsung and Google.  They pushed it through their network to their customers.  Verizon is now failing as a re-seller of the phones and should be putting pressure on Samsung/Google to fix the issues.  All Verizon does is waste peoples time telling them to factory reset, clear cache and go into safe mode.

Although I agree with your analogy of what Verizon gives in the way of responses they are simply a reseller like walmart and Best Buy. You cannot bring your device back to either place for warranty service after their 15 day return policy. You are stuck dealing with Samsung, HTC, Motorola, or whom ever.

It's 100% a software problem.  That they would rather just spin people in Customer Service until they go away.

BTW: Samsung told me that the text message failing problem was Verizon's fault, not theirs.

Lets look at this point, service wise the texting is a Verizon service issue. Now before the update the text messaging worked. Did it not? Now the code from Google to Samsung to Verizon ( They do not touch the basic coding of the update) is approved to be sent to your device. The text messaging now does not function as it did previously and yet Verizon did no coding to affect the text messaging. Yet it is a problem for them because the service includes text messaging, yet they are as baffled and in the dark as the end user. So Verizon tries to assist. That is more than Samsung is doing by shuffling the problem to the carriers when they did not do the update.

It is the makers problem, not Verizon. They make no devices.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Ohreally8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else, in addition to the not being able to send text messages, randomly not getting phone calls and error messages stating "No Signal found for Mobile networks"?.  Mine started as just a texting issue and now issues receiving calls and accessing the mobile network.  Did it on replacement #1 and same thing on Replacement #2. 

heathermil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep I am.  I used to get service all the way to my two other jobs and now it says it's searching for mobile networks. No signal found.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello heathermil!

Let's get to work on this asap! Sorry for any trouble! Please go to menu, then settings, then more networks, then mobile networks, then network mode. Please change it from Global to LTE/CDMA and keep me posted.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
d6btex

After the update, my S4 began not sending texts as well.  This same situation has happened a couple years ago with the the S3.  Verizon played the same game.  Denial until they finally pushed out a revision to the software.  I will give them another week.  Then it is time to switch carriers. Verizon is far too expensive to continue to suffer from these issues.  The previous version of Kitkat was solid as a rock too bad they executed the update so poorly and did not learn from their previous mistakes.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon wireless is doing nothing to you or your device.

Why is it when a cell phone manufacturer and Google release a bad update everyone then blames Verizon for sending it out. Change cell phone makers, they are the ones causing the problems.

And blame all the posters which constantly whine about where is/our updates? Everyone else has their updates, and yes every other provider is dealing with the issues they did not cause.

Change providers, then complain if my device does not get key lime pie I am leaving, or worse yet why did T-Mobile or Sprint or AT&T send out this update that bricked my phone? Its not the carriers fault.

Good luck at your new provider.

0 Likes