S4 constanly losing data connection
ssgferrell

Hello,

I have the S4 and for the past 2 weeks, I have been losing my data connection all together.  I have tried rebooting the phone.  Removing the sim card.  Changed network mode from LTE to Global.  Changing the Mobile virtual network operator type back and forth from SPN to IMSI.  Turning mobile data off and on.  Getting rid of the cashe for the messaging (was having issues sending and receiving  MMS)  It also will not connect even if I am connected to wifi.  My signal strength right now is reading -101 dBm 39 asu.

What else can I do besides throw this phone on a roof?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S4 constanly losing data connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to see this is still an issue for you, ssgferrell.
Normally, when a ticket is filed to check on service issues, it takes 3-5 business days to get the results. My concern is that you are noticing this problem everywhere. That indicates there may be an issue with the phone. Have you ever had the SIM card replaced? You can get a free one in the corporate stores.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Is this everywhere you go or just in one spot? Your signal strength seems pretty low as now mine is registering 64.

0 Likes
ssgferrell

Thx for the reply.  Yes, it is EVERYWHERE!!!  I live in Philadelphia, Pa and it happens all over the city and anywhere I go.  From New Jersey to New York...

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Do you loose your data connection if you do just a simple Google search? and stay on the internet for awhile.

0 Likes
ssgferrell

yep.. called tech support and they had me turn airplane mode on and off. clear cache od the internet and messaging.  reboot.  i still had to switch from lte to global for me to get a signal.  they will call me back tomorrow  night to see if it dropped again.

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

How's the data connection? Has it gotten any better?

0 Likes
ssgferrell

lol... it dropped a couple times today.  but, I think it was the areas I was in.  But, my mms is still acting stupid.  I tried to send a pic just a couple minutes ago and it still did not go through...

I thought verizon had one of the better services.  was with sprint for over 15 years.  had a lot of drop calls.  never no problem with data or mms texts like i have been having with verizon..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello ssgferrell!
I'm glad to learn that dropped calls are no longer an issue for you. But I do want to address your messaging issue. Is the issue with sending or receiving pictures? Do you get any sort of error message? How long has this been an issue and are you using Wifi or the VZW network? Please share some additional details for me, I'm happy to help you

ChristinaB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ssgferrell

Hello there!!

I would not say that my data issue is over. I never received my callback and I just did the steps that were told to me to do. It dropped a couple times today in areas where I never had issues with..

Now, the issues with the messaging has been an on and off thing. When I first switched to verizon, I was using the S3 and it was doing it. Now, it is doing it with the S4. It is when receiving and sending. No errors just the circle showing trying to send and when trying to download.  In order to get it to work I must switch between global and lte.  Switching the access points. . And it still will not work. Sucks. Never had an issue with data with sprint...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to see this is still an issue for you, ssgferrell.
Normally, when a ticket is filed to check on service issues, it takes 3-5 business days to get the results. My concern is that you are noticing this problem everywhere. That indicates there may be an issue with the phone. Have you ever had the SIM card replaced? You can get a free one in the corporate stores.

TamaraH_VZW
0 Likes