S4 Widgets Freeze after short time.
mjcecil

I use a couple of auto-updating widgets, including a trasparent clock/weather widget and the FlightStats travel widget.  Both were repeatedly freezing on me.  Not just update freezing, but I couldn't even raise the flightstats screen from the widget at all.  I could get them to start responding by cycling the phone, or by killing TouchWiz and letting the launcher itself restart.

After poking around on some other forums, it's obvious that the launcher is at fault.  I downloaded Nova Launcher Free, and imported my config from TouchWiz, and I haven't had a widget freeze since.  It's now a week since I changed over.  PReviously, my widgets would go braindead in a matter of hours after starting.

I am happy that I have (apparently) solved the freezing problem, but I'd much rather run the supported TouchWiz launcher.  Does anyone know if Samsung/Verizon is aware of this issue?  Might I expect addressal of the issue?

Mark

0 Likes
Re: S4 Widgets Freeze after short time.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was any of the apps installed on your SD card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: S4 Widgets Freeze after short time.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to enjoy all the amazing features and apps your Galaxy S IV has to offer mjcecil! It sounds like you may be experiencing app conflict with your OS and user interface. I recommend testing in safe mode for starters to determine if there is conflict.

http://tiny.cc/o7qf0w

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes