S4 Updates,Memory Card(s) and Home Security Surveillance Cameras Questions
mommafrica

Hello. First of all I would like to state that I AM NOT A TECHIE so I have numerous questions.

1) The wife and I just came to Verizon because we were told that Verizon would be best for apps concerning the viewing of "home security surveillance cameras" on our newly bought Galaxy S4's. Is this true?

2) When will there be a KitKat update?

3) Came in on a shared 1GB promo which we quickly found used up. Had to add more GB's (now have 4 [3+1 b/c of the promo]) but we're not big on using the phones that often. Would like to purchase a memory card (MB-MG64DA/AM:Samsung) but I heard that these are problems for the S4's. True?

a) will the memory card support enough for 2 separate home security camera systems

b) if we do go over the 4 shared GB's will we still be charged extra even though we have the card

c) are there 2 memory cards required for the S4's

Off topic questions) 1] Why does my screen name that I registered not show on here? I see it above my required name.

2] How do I get the text msg to type what I want it to type (to stop correcting me when I don't want to be corrected

3] Why does Verizon no longer support "unlimited data"

4] Do Vets know of any other discounts that can be used besides what Verizon offers and shouldn't this have been used (what Verizon

what Verizon offers) when buying the phones

If someone can answer these questions as much as possible PLEASE DO.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S4 Updates,Memory Card(s) and Home Security Surveillance Cameras Questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to Verizon Wireless! That is quite the list of questions, mommafrica. But I'll do my best to help.

1) We definitely have the most reliable LTE network, so you'll be able to connect to your data needs in more places than with any other carrier.

2) Kit Kat was released for the S4 last month. When you go to Settings>About Phone, you should see the Baseband Version I545VRUFNC5. If not, tap Software Update at the top of the About Phone menu and Check New.

3) Keep in mind that the data usage that applies to your plan allowance is not the same as the memory data. A memory card will store files, similar to a flash drive on your computer. The S4 can handle a MicroSD up to 64GB to store files and media. The data you use to view applications, videos, emails, etc will go toward your data allowance and can result in overage if you exceed your 4GB plan. Whenever possible, try connecting to WiFi when viewing a streaming video. The 2nd card you see in your phone is a SIM card, which connects your phone to the wireless service.

Off topic:
1) Only your mommafrica name will appear when posting in Forums.
2) Go to Settings>Language & Input then tap the Gear icon to the right of each keyboard. You can manage your settings and turn off Predictive Text along with other features that you may not want.
3) True unlimited data is really not something offered anymore. Many companies that claim to offer unlimited data will either slow your speeds or stop your data usage all together when you reach a certain point. Instead of that, we offer the ability to use as much data as you'd like with the option of increasing your package to avoid overage. We will not slow your data down or cut you off with the data options available today.
4) Visit VerizonWireless.com/MilitaryDiscount if you are current military or a military veteran to register for your access discount.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

Re: S4 Updates,Memory Card(s) and Home Security Surveillance Cameras Questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to Verizon Wireless! That is quite the list of questions, mommafrica. But I'll do my best to help.

1) We definitely have the most reliable LTE network, so you'll be able to connect to your data needs in more places than with any other carrier.

2) Kit Kat was released for the S4 last month. When you go to Settings>About Phone, you should see the Baseband Version I545VRUFNC5. If not, tap Software Update at the top of the About Phone menu and Check New.

3) Keep in mind that the data usage that applies to your plan allowance is not the same as the memory data. A memory card will store files, similar to a flash drive on your computer. The S4 can handle a MicroSD up to 64GB to store files and media. The data you use to view applications, videos, emails, etc will go toward your data allowance and can result in overage if you exceed your 4GB plan. Whenever possible, try connecting to WiFi when viewing a streaming video. The 2nd card you see in your phone is a SIM card, which connects your phone to the wireless service.

Off topic:
1) Only your mommafrica name will appear when posting in Forums.
2) Go to Settings>Language & Input then tap the Gear icon to the right of each keyboard. You can manage your settings and turn off Predictive Text along with other features that you may not want.
3) True unlimited data is really not something offered anymore. Many companies that claim to offer unlimited data will either slow your speeds or stop your data usage all together when you reach a certain point. Instead of that, we offer the ability to use as much data as you'd like with the option of increasing your package to avoid overage. We will not slow your data down or cut you off with the data options available today.
4) Visit VerizonWireless.com/MilitaryDiscount if you are current military or a military veteran to register for your access discount.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport