S4 Signal problems
moeman47

Hello, I have a S4, recently transitioned from and iPhone 4. My cell reception is absolutely horrid. My old phone received wonderful reception and now I barely have one bar of 4g LTE, and at work I am constantly on 1X. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S4 Signal problems
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure if you tried this yet. But you can check the network settings in menu>settings>connections>more networks>mobile networks>network mode. Check to see if network mode is on LTE/CDMA. And also check to see if mobile data is on too.

Another thing to try to refresh surrounding towers is toggling airplane mode on/off. Wait for plane icon to appear and then turn off.

These are a few things that have helped me in the past with this device and other ones as well. Hope it helps. It's nothing major or difficult to try. Just trying to help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here Moeman47! Let's get you the service you deserve. To ensure there are no reported issues in your area can you please provide us with the zip code you are in. Have you tried to remove/reinsert sim card to phone? To learn how to do this click, http://vz.to/1emo84Q

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
moeman47

Ok, I removed the SIM and restarted the phone. My zip code is 37042 and I work in 42223.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

moeman47,

Let's get your device back in the fast lane! How was the signal after the reboot? Did the device have exceptional signal upon activation or has this always been the case since first activating phone? Does this effect voice, data and text?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
moeman47

No change. It has been this way since I got the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

moeman47,

Let's get you the signal you deserve so you can enjoy your phone! Have you had your SIM Card replaced? Is your software up to date?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure if you tried this yet. But you can check the network settings in menu>settings>connections>more networks>mobile networks>network mode. Check to see if network mode is on LTE/CDMA. And also check to see if mobile data is on too.

Another thing to try to refresh surrounding towers is toggling airplane mode on/off. Wait for plane icon to appear and then turn off.

These are a few things that have helped me in the past with this device and other ones as well. Hope it helps. It's nothing major or difficult to try. Just trying to help.

0 Likes
fdschaeffer

I am having identical issues in most/all of the Kansas City area. No resolution from Verizon yet.

0 Likes