S4 Screen Went Blank
moxamillion

out of nowhere, i.e., for no apparent reason, my Samsung S4's screen suddenly went black.  The phone is still on (msg light flashes, button backlights light up) but the screen is totally black.  I've tried restarting, recharging the phone for a couple hours, removing/reinstalling the battery.  Nothing works.  When I restart the phone by hitting the power button for 5 seconds, it makes all the right sounds but still no screen.

Any idea how to fix this? how to troublshoot it?  thanks!

0 Likes
Re: S4 Screen Went Blank
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! I am sorry to hear about your phone! How long has this been going on? Have your reset the phone by removing the battery from it for about 2 minutes? Has the phone been dropped or exposed to any sort of liquid? Let me know! Thanks in advance

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

This is a known problem with the S4.  If you Google "Galaxy S4 black screen" you'll see this is not an uncommon problem.

I've had it happen to two of my S4's...

Explain the situation to Verizon customer care and they should replace the phone as long as there is no physical damage to the phone itself.

0 Likes
Samanthakay93
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is doing same thing.I hate these phones they won't let us get an early upgrade worst phone ever

0 Likes