Re: S4 Not Charging After 4.3 Update - Charger works on other phones
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Since you wish to return the phone, have you purchased it within the last 14 days? If not, unfortunately you will not be able to return it, however you can still reactivate your Galaxy SIII if you choose to.

Thank you,
michelleh_vzw
Follow us on Twitter at VerizonSupport

This contradicts the holiday return policy:

Take some of the stress out of the holidays with our Extended holiday return policy & price protection guarantee

All device and accessory purchases made between 11/28/13 and 12/25/13 may be returned or exchanged through 1/15/14.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this fixed! Sounds like the phone is charging but only with the charger that came with it. What software version do you have? Go to Settings > from the More tab, select About Phone > view the Baseband version and Build number

Thank you
ElizabethE_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
R8Parker

Elizabeth,

The Android version is 4.3, baseband I545VRUEMJ7 and build JSS15J.

Regards,

R8Parker

0 Likes
saabdued

Hi. I read about the patch update that someone here recently mentioned. I downloaded it and installed it on my phone. Last night I was able to charge my phone in my home with the black car charger that also has fold-out prongs for an outlet. It came with my phone as did the black wire that I used with it. It had not previously worked. That was certainly encouraging.

If over the next week or so I am able to charge my phone with the black charger and black wire in my car, with the black charger and the black wire with the plug in my home, and with the white charger with the white wire in a home outlet, all of which came with my Samsung phone and Verizon plan, I will assume that for the time being that all will be well.

Thanks to all. I  will keep in touch. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

R8Parker,

Thanks for providing that information on the software version you have. We did just launch recently an update to Software Version JSS15J.I545VRUEMK2. Please check out this site to help make sure you are on the latest software. http://vz.to/1jiWRrd Please always check out the Software Repair Assistant program as well to make sure the device is working properly. Thanks again for your time and patience and I hope these steps will resolve your charging issue.

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes