Re: S4 Not Charging After 4.3 Update - Charger works on other phones
Roesteve80

Why are you sending me all these messages? I've seem them all in the forum.

Each day I get more and more frustrated with Verizon.

On Dec 16, 2013 10:57 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
mrchubs

Patch update is rolling out. I got mine today by using the check for updates setting. Verizon is aware of the problem and reassured me that the push update started 12/11/13.

Charging problems et al are fixed

0 Likes
mrchubs

BTW ...when I plugged in the car charger I got a popup notification that said something like "for faster charging please use the original charger". But at least it charges again.

0 Likes
Roesteve80

Why are you sending me all of these emails!!!!!! Verizon and Samsung have

cost me the only photos I had of my son's Promotion in the Army, have cost

me countless phone calls, live chats, troubleshooting, trip back to Verizon

kiosk, posts in your forum, And trying to turn this stupid phone on every

day, to no avail.

Not only have you not been able to answer my question, now you are sending

me every post from the forum that I have already read!!!!!!  What are you

doing?

Can I return this S4, get my money back, get my upgrade fee back and go

back to my S3? Will someone kindly answer me????

Rosemary

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
R8Parker

The issue was with the charge. Even though I have other devices that use the same type of charger I could not use them with the S4. I had to use the OEM wall charger, but could use a different USB cable. If I didn't use the original wall charger my phone wouldn't charge.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't want e-mail notifications of the posts in the forum, you can change your Preferences by clicking the drop-down next to your user name (in the upper right-hand corner of this page).

Roesteve80

Thanks for the info, but it is very weird that the emails would start coming after 3 weeks, all old posts. I am looking into Sprint or At&t. This issue with the S4 and the Android 4.3 update has pushed me over the edge with Verizon. Meanwhile, they have ignored my question regarding just turning back the clock and refunding my upgrade fee and phone cost and going back to my trusty old S3. Guess I have to spend another hour on the phone and another hour at the Verizon store. Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There apparently was a system glitch that prevented e-mail notifications from going through.  It appears to have been fixed last night because I also received posts from a week or so ago via e-mail late last night.

I hope you get your phone issue resolved.  I'm afraid I don't have any additional suggestions other than what's already been offered.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Roesteve80 wrote:

Thanks for the info, but it is very weird that the emails would start coming after 3 weeks, all old posts. I am looking into Sprint or At&t. This issue with the S4 and the Android 4.3 update has pushed me over the edge with Verizon. Meanwhile, they have ignored my question regarding just turning back the clock and refunding my upgrade fee and phone cost and going back to my trusty old S3. Guess I have to spend another hour on the phone and another hour at the Verizon store. Thanks again for your help.

Sounds like you had a similar situation that I did. All of my email notifications stopped on Dec 2nd or 3rd. I was working with the community managers and to get it fixed. Last night all of a sudden the flood gates opened and I had over 800 emails from this community for all the posts I was supposed to have gotten since it had stopped.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Roesteve80,

I am so sorry that you have been unable to retrieve those pictures of your son's Promotion in the Army. I know how important family pictures are, especially of unique events such as this one. I want to say thank you for his service to our country as well, we appreciate your sacrifice.

To unsubscribe to emails from this post, look to the right of the post. There is a menu that says "Actions". Click the "stop tracking" link in actions, and you will stop getting emails from this post.

Since you wish to return the phone, have you purchased it within the last 14 days? If not, unfortunately you will not be able to return it, however you can still reactivate your Galaxy SIII if you choose to.

Thank you,
michelleh_vzw
Follow us on Twitter at VerizonSupport

0 Likes