S4 Not Charging After 4.3 Update - Charger works on other phones
HB95667

Phone charged last night just fine.  This morning an update was applied (4.3) and now the phone will not charge.   I've rebooted, turned off, removed battery, restarted and checked that the OEM charger I'm using works on another smart phone (work cell).

I'm seeing several posts on this topic since the last update, and that would lead me to believe we have an issue that needs to be addressed ASAP vs. telling folks to check their chargers and do all the steps previously done above (VERIZON).

Need my phone to work 🙂

0 Likes
Re: S4 Not Charging After 4.3 Update - Charger works on other phones
HB95667

I should say that I did check and the car charger (OEM) works.  Just not the wall charger which is OEM and working on another phone (previously worked on this phone prior to update).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HB95667

I want you to have a great device that works correctly. I'm sorry to here your having charging issues. Does the device charge with other chargers? Let's rule out an application error. Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://vz.to/10y4OQC

I look forward to hearing from you and getting this resolved.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
123asd

My car charger is a verizon charger.  After the update it doesn't work anymore, neither are my other motorola (from my last phone) chargers. they all worked fine before the update. Why is this happening?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this 123asd! Try removing the battery for 10 minutes, power on and test. If unsuccessful, please backup and complete a factory reset here http://vz.to/176v3fz Please share your results. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

Do you guys communicate internally at all? Do you read the dozens of other posts going? This is a widespread problem and basic troubleshooting is not going to help at this stage. It's pretty obvious that 4.3 has ruined charging capabilities for many users/chargers.

We need more official support at this time.

LaurieJ62
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been experiencing the same problem...wall charger works, car one does not AFTER 4.3 update. Both are VERIZON chargers. Went to Verizon store, assoc. did a hard reset and told me to try it, if still didn't work to call to get a replacement. Did that, got replacement. Worked fine with both chargers UNTIL the phone installed the 4.3 update ....now back to square one with car charger not charging phone. I tried an old charger I had for my Envy3 and guess what? IT worked! Go figure. Still would like to be able to use my $30 car charger that I was told I needed and that older model chargers wouldn't work when I bought the stupid phone. I've also found the swipe feature doesn't work now either and I can't turn pages with waving my hand across screen. I think they need to go back to the previous version and get rid of the 4.3 update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you LaurieJ62!

I absolutely want you to have a fully functional device and I'm very sorry you're encountering these concerns. At this time the Samsung Galaxy S4 is designed to work with OEM chargers (meaning from the manufacture). I am surprised to learn that your old LG charger worked, but I am glad to know! Samsung is aware of the charging concern and has advised they will correct in the next software update so you can use your other chargers as well!

Now, I want to make sure I fully review your other concerns as well! What specific swipe feature are you referring to? For your air gesture concern, please follow these steps: Settings > My device > Motions and gestures > Air gesture > Make sure feature is turned on.

Please retest and keep me posted!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LaurieJ62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Settings all correct for air gesture....still doesnt work

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaurieJ62,

I'm sorry that you are still continuing to have issues with the Air gestures.  I know that is a convenient feature so let's get you back up and running.

I would recommend a hard reset,http://vz.to/19jJtZW. This is recommend after a software update to make sure that everything is compatible with the new software.

Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes