S4 MINI Calls, But cannot send receive Texts
sniz6

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini purchased on amazon as an upgrade from an iphone 4. Makes and receives calls fine, quality is great. receives and sends facebook messages (while not connected to wifi) great as well. For some reason I can't send out or receive text messages, keep getting a message failure status on all messages I try to send. Have not received a single text message either....

Things I have tried:

Reboot phone

Removed Battery + rebooted phone

Removed sim card and rebooted phone

checked the android version 4.2.2

what should I try now?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S4 MINI Calls, But cannot send receive Texts
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

sniz6 wrote:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini purchased on amazon as an upgrade from an iphone 4....

Things I have tried:

Reboot phone

what should I try now?

Log into your iTunes account and disassociate or delete the iPhone 4 from your account. 

Contact all your friends who may be using iMessage to try and communicate with you, and have them remove you from their iMessage account, and send you standard text messages (to your 10 digit phone number).

Call Verizon (800-922-0204, or *611 from your cell phone) and make sure that text messaging is provisioned properly on your account, and that you don't have messaging blocked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

sniz6 wrote:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini purchased on amazon as an upgrade from an iphone 4....

Things I have tried:

Reboot phone

what should I try now?

Log into your iTunes account and disassociate or delete the iPhone 4 from your account. 

Contact all your friends who may be using iMessage to try and communicate with you, and have them remove you from their iMessage account, and send you standard text messages (to your 10 digit phone number).

Call Verizon (800-922-0204, or *611 from your cell phone) and make sure that text messaging is provisioned properly on your account, and that you don't have messaging blocked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sniz6,

Congratulations on your new Samsung Galaxy S4! I'm so sorry to hear about any messaging issues you're experiencing with you new phone. I do have a link you can use to de-register your iPhone from being associated with your Apple ID. This will help your messages to be routed to the correct device you're currently using! Please click... http://bit.ly/1bK6e9b and login with your Apple ID and password. Choose the correct device(s) to de-register and you'll be good to go! If this does not resolve the issue, please do let us know so we can continue to work on getting your messages 100% up and running for you.

Have a great day!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes