Re: S3 won't power up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is helpful feedback, Ann154. Please keep us posted after you are able to try the replacement battery, WILJAC71. To ensure you are able to get your content transferred to your new device, you can refer to this link. http://spr.ly/6583DE4cx

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILJAC71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed the new battery, still won't power up. There must be something wrong other than the battery. AS for the correct answer button I don't see it

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Remove the battery and charger. Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Replace the battery and try to power it on.

Or

Try the new battery and then pressing the Volume Down and Power Buttons at the same time to see if it powers on.

If you plug it in and it gets warm that would indicate that a charge is running through it.

WILJAC71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried both but didn't work, but it does get warm.

thank for the reply.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Ok, did you try slow charging via a PC USB port?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I'd say that there is a good chance that the screen is just shot at this point. It can happen. The phone is 5+ years old.

0 Likes
WILJAC71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to tell if the screen is the problem?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Short of having it replaced? Probably not.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

One more time... did you try slow-charging the battery with a Personal Computer's USB port (something low current, i.e. 500mA).

Choose the Right Charger and Power Your Gadgets Properly | WIRED

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sprmankalel, thank you for providing that information. WILJAC71, I have sent a Private Message. Please reply with the requested information.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes