S3 camera has stopped focusing since 4.3 update
ggrosse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello

I've been on the update for a couple of weeks now and the rear camera will no longer focus. I've tried resetting the camera app, changing the focus mode, rebooting, etc. and nothing seems to work. When I switch from front to rear camera, there is an audible 'click' that comes from the rear camera...like something may be stuck. Any ideas?

Re: S3 camera has stopped focusing since 4.3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ggrosse,

We want you to be able to take all the beautiful pictures heart desires. Have you tried a master reset on your device yet? http://vz.to/1bp0enI

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ggrosse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi

Tried the master reset...did not fix the issue. Still need help please.

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Customer Support, if that's the best answer that you can provide, then don't bother to post. Master resets are not a cure-all for every problem, and quite frankly, customers are pretty tired and fed up with lame excuses and bandaid cover-up solutions. Clearly, Verizon and Samsung and Google screwed up with this problem-riddled 4.3 update, especially on the Galaxy S3. Go back to the drawing board and come back here, only when you've done your homework.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for completing the hard reset. I regret the camera still is not focusing. Please reply to my direct message so I can get more details from you, ggrosse.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rachel2178
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently having the same problem! My camera worked great until the 4.3 update a couple weeks back.

0 Likes