S3 Screen Bleeding/ Backlight not working correctly
Bsez

Ive only had this phone maybe a month and about a week ago the screen slowly started to turn a pinkish color and my dumb self thought it was a magnet, no big deal its a small spot but it spread and slowly changed form pink to purple to light blue then dark blue now its black. The phone itself works completely, but i cant see anything because its black. I took the battery out and everything yet its still stuck like this. Now this is my very first smart phone and i dont want a bad taste in my mouth for them, so any help telling me how or where to go to get a new phone would be highly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S3 Screen Bleeding/ Backlight not working correctly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be happy to review your options for replacing your device Bsez. A bleeding screen normally indicates a crack in the underlying LCD screen of your device. Do you have insurance on the phone? If you do, you can file a claim to have it replaced.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be happy to review your options for replacing your device Bsez. A bleeding screen normally indicates a crack in the underlying LCD screen of your device. Do you have insurance on the phone? If you do, you can file a claim to have it replaced.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
AmmeeNe_

My daughter's SIII quit working last night. Her phone still makes sounds when receiving messages and such, but there is no backlight. The touchscreen still works but with no screen light, there is not much I can do with the phone. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AmmeeNe' lets get your daughter back in action! Has she tried to power off and remove the battery http://vz.to/1jrh9gq? Has there been any physical/water damage to the device?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes