S10e Verizon sofware update apps not connecting
andy55

I have a issue with the last 2.0 UI update pushed early Jan 2020.

Two apps (remote camera DVR and Ubiquiti remote network controller) will not connect over the Verizon 4G LTE network. They get stalled during loading as if some protocol is blocked. They did connect before the update.

A connection over Wifi works. So it is not the app.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S10e Verizon sofware update apps not connecting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues with your device after the resernt update. We understand the importaance of getting this issue corrected, and we will be glad to help! To confirm, have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue continues? Also, have you tried to connect a differnt phone to see if they have the same issue?DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
andy55

Restarted phone and reinstalled apps, same problem. No connect via cell data only via wifi. The apps establish a peer to peer connection which appears to be blocked after the phone software update.

0 Likes
jeffwman

I have the same issue with the Galaxy S10+. Times out when attempting to connect to my Unifi controller.   I can turn my work phone (iPhone 8 Verizon  network) into a hotspot and connect my Galaxy S10+ and it will connect.   I've been in touch with Unifi engineers and have found nothing wrong with the Unifi setup.  I added the app to my wife's Galaxy S9 Verizon network and it connects.  

0 Likes
jeffwman

David, please see my reply below.  I need a way to resolve this issue.  I've tried deleting and re-adding apps.  The Unifi/Ubiquiti engineer had me remove the controller and add back.  I have nothing else to try.  Please assist. Thanks

0 Likes
andy55

It seems to be a Verizon problem when they update the software to the phone. Probally blocking a port. I also have a open titcket with Ubiquiti. No issue connecting via wifi just cell data. I also contacted Verizon directley via phone and the support tech could only say reinstall the app.

What changes did Verizon do to the last software update? Were any ports blocked?

This is not the only app I have with direct peer to peer connection that has failed to connect.

0 Likes
jeffwman

I agree.  It appears to be an issue with Verizon.  I've had a ticket open with Ubiquiti and they have found nothing to resolve this issue.  We need a Verizon engineer to assist.

0 Likes
andy55

Got this information from Ubiquiti regarding ports

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/218506997-UniFi-Ports-Used

Verizon can this be elevated to tech support to see if the latest phone software update changed anything.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our only goal is to assist you as much as possible, jeffwman. Our troubleshooting options are very limited when it comes to third-party applications not created by Verizon. If uninstalling and reinstalling the third-application does not resolve your concerns, only the application developer will have the tools and resources to assist you further. Please reach out to the application developer for assistance.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the hassle this has caused. I would sufgest also clearing the chace and data of each appli ation affected as this can remain even after uninstalling an app. Please navigate to Settings> Apps> Choose the affected apps> Storage>Clear cache and Clear Data.  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes