Rolling back and update
jp725

I just got an new download that was supposed to "update" my Samsung Galaxy S10 software, I guess, but since the update the phone has not been acting correctly. I press one icon and something else is activated. I can't get the voice to shut up. The settings just do whatever, regardless of how I set them. Does anyone know how to roll these upgrades back? I am ready leave Verizon, although I have been a customer for more than 20 years, I have talked to my wife and we are honestly going to talk to AT&T tomorrow to see if we can get some satisfaction with them, that is how angry I am. For a wireless phone bill of over $200 a month you think they would give us better service than this when rolling an update if software out.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rolling back and update
boringusername
Master - Level 1

A) no you can't roll back an update. did you try restarting the phone. Did you let it fully update properly? A phone usually restarts several times before an update is actually done

B) If a update is buggy blame Samsung, Switching carriers won't change that.

C) $200 is likely not your bill. A S10 is $37.49 a month. You chose to pay that much. there are cheaper phones. If you are paying for insurance that is also a choice.

D) Go read the at&t wireless forums before you think the grass is greener over there.

mama23dogs
Legend

@jp725 wrote:

I just got an new download that was supposed to "update" my Samsung Galaxy S10 software, I guess, but since the update the phone has not been acting correctly. I press one icon and something else is activated. I can't get the voice to shut up. The settings just do whatever, regardless of how I set them. Does anyone know how to roll these upgrades back? I am ready leave Verizon, although I have been a customer for more than 20 years, I have talked to my wife and we are honestly going to talk to AT&T tomorrow to see if we can get some satisfaction with them, that is how angry I am. For a wireless phone bill of over $200 a month you think they would give us better service than this when rolling an update if software out.  

LOL.  At&t has the second worst customer service only to Sprint.  And I’m an AT&T postpaid customer.   

Phones are not the carriers responsibility. Your phone is under warranty from the manufacture for one year, after that it’s either Insurance or on your own dime. You would get exactly the same response from AT&T.

I’m sure Verizon has a troubleshooting guide for such problems including potential  factory resetting your phone. Make sure you have a good back up.

BTW,  if it were a faulty update through Verizon everyone with an S 10 would be screaming. It’s just you/your phone.  

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

very well said!!

0 Likes