Ringer volume keeps resetting to lowest setting after new update?
dolphinsatsea

MY phone keeps resetting the ringer volume and message notifications to the lowest volume after plugging into the charger!

0 Likes
Re: Ringer volume keeps resetting to lowest setting after new update?
nanigirl275

My phone is doing the same thing! The ringtone volume goes down by itself when a call comes in. Then I miss it!! This has been since the lollipop update. How do we fix this?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dolphinsatsea,

Oh boy! We certainly want to make sure you hear all your notifications. Does this happen with all calls? Do you notice it happening during a specific time of day or specific location? We may need to do a settings reset with your phone. Click this link to get the steps: http://vz.to/1FiUZtW. Let us know if this works for you.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have experienced the same problem with my Galaxy S4 since the lollipop update.

I have replied to a number of posts like this one; but, this is the first time that I have encountered a response from someone in customer support.

To answer your question, I have noticed no pattern in the times that this happens, and it only affects the ringtone volume. Other volume sliders are left intact.

Since this is happening randomly, I fail to see how a hard reset could correct the problem.

Another "symptom" that I have noticed is that now in my Sounds and Notifications, a program called GlanceViewMK is given notification access, and I can't get rid of it. Un checking and saving does not work. From a web search it appears that this program is tied to the hand gesture feature, which is turned OFF in my phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing these additional details, emesss1121. The concern you've mentioned isn't happening on every Note 4, so there may be something specific to your device. The GlanceViewMK is for the quick glance feature found in Settings > Motions & Gestures > Air Gesture. While it has notification access, it would not effect your notification volume when turned off. I have seem some customers report that resetting all settings to default (Settings > Backup and reset > Reset settings) will resolve the volume difficulties. This does not reset the user information on your phone like a factory reset. It may be beneficial to also test the device in safe mode (http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77504) to check for any downloaded applications interacting with the volume. 

JenniferH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Jennifer,

Not a perfect solution, but it seems to have worked.

There were a couple of unintended consequences, such as the reset wiping all of my WiFi passwords and changing a couple of items, such as turning Air Gesture on. The battery seems to be discharging at a faster rate, but perhaps something else has been enabled that I haven't found yet. Also, I notice that the phone does not always say Verizon Wireless in the upper left hand corner, and I don't know if that is a matter of concern or not.

With the above caveats, which others should read, I would have to call this answered.

Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to see this is working well for you.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would, but I don't see the button.

0 Likes
Zero43None
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Kyocera duraforce Pro 2 and the same things happening to my phone so it's not brand specific. I'm a high-voltage lineman on call twenty-four-seven and have missed many call-outs and have been disciplined at work because of this.  

0 Likes