Reverting to the previous OS
ray_j_humes

Is there any way that I can go back to the previous version of the OS. Since I updated to KitKat last week, my battery depletes much faster (there is no issue with the battery, it's only one month old) and the random rebooting of my phone has become beyond annoying.

0 Likes
Re: Reverting to the previous OS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern with your battery life, ray.j.humes. Although a previous software can not be reloaded, we want to make sure we resolve the issues you are experiencing. Have you noticed if your phone reboots after certain actions? Please review this link for extending your battery life and let us know if you see improvement: http://vz.to/1q1Mb3T

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Reverting to the previous OS
ray_j_humes

The resets seem to occur randomly.  They have occurred mid phone conversation, while writing emails, while running applications (such as Lync, LinkedIn, Ebay, or IMDb), and on occasion while I am doing nothing with the phone at all (while it is sitting on my desk).

As far as the battery is concerned, nothing on the device has changed or has been added besides the update to the OS.  I am not doing anything different with the phone than I was a couple weeks ago and after the update the battery life percentage drops 10 percent in a couple hours where before the update it would drop maybe 5 percent after an entire work day.  The problem that I have with the suggested ways to extend battery life, is that I am not going to keep killing processes and turning off things that I need on a regular basis because of Samsung's lack of a proper fix.  Especially since they claim that increased battery efficiency is supposed to be one of the main features offered with the update.

Thank you for your quick response to my initial question, but if I cannot rollback the software and Samsung doesn't come up with a fix quickly, I really do need another option so I can have a phone that will function correctly.

0 Likes