Restarting my phone wipes out all app/app folders on my home pages
AW2

Hi all,

This has happened 2 times in the last 3 weeks.  I restart the phone, just because it is time and or it may be sluggish, and when it comes back up, all the apps I've so diligently placed and arranged on my home pages are gone, but for maybe 2 random ones.

S6, Android 5.1.1

It is incredibly frustrating.  I've looked on the web but nothing seems to make sense for me and my phone.

I've checked to see if it is ones I've stopped to save on battery with Greenify, and restarted but that isn't it.

This last time, it also looked like most of the apps were gone too! But I restarted and they were all back.  Just not the home pages.

It takes ages to organize them into folders. 

Any suggestions?

Thanking you all in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Restarting my phone wipes out all app/app folders on my home pages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’ll admit this is a bit of a puzzle, AW2. I’m not finding any known issues that would cause this type of behavior. I want to make sure of some basics. You already mentioned you are up-to-date with your software, so that’s good. Some Google online forums mention disabling the app “Google Now”. ( found here: http://spr.ly/6582Bu0Yr ) On this thought of the culprit being the Google app, please go to the Play Store and update the Google app to the latest version.  Once completed, let us know if this disappearing act still occurs.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Restarting my phone wipes out all app/app folders on my home pages
AW2

Hi, sorry I didn't see this and posted again.  I  thought I'd get an email.

I'm thinking it is TouchWiz. I am not using Google Now, but will look to disable it.  I know there have been issues with that.

What I've done is installed Nova Launcher and since it was all just wiped out a few days ago, will organize and give that one a go, making it my default launcher (now that I know what that means)  My needs are simple, but organized extensively.

We will see how that goes.  Really, I've wanted to throw the phone out the window, but I've refrained.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes