Re: Report problems with Lollipop 5.0.1(2) update
cr1d3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same kernel version as you August and it gave a good bit of problems on the actual install... But as far as how its running now, it definitely seems to perform better! Usually around 8 or 9 pm my battery would be around 50 to 60 percent. With the update, my phone is on 77 percent at midnight! I took my phone off charge about the same time each time, around 6 or 7 am...And I've got the same exact apps that I did before the update, and everything is the same as far as settings go...So, for me at least, its much better! I absolutely love the update, maybe thats just me. The only noticeable problem I've seen, is that when I view my friends stories on Snapchat, the videos kind of freeze every now and then, but it doesn't really bother me. Other than that, every thing else is flawless.

ltravis86
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only problem I've had so far with the update on my Note 3 is with calls only working when I use speakerphone or with my car connected to Bluetooth.  The calls connect fine and I can hear the other person but the mic seems to be muted when I'm not using speakerphone or Bluetooth.  I've tried wiping the cache partition and a factory data reset but neither helped with the call problem.  Anyone have any luck finding a fix???

Glassact
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update has a few issues for me.  I use Nova Launcher.  Touchwiz will randomly take over from Nova as the launcher, though Nova sometimes will reassert itself for a while. Also the Nova launcher appears in the task manger as a killable app - somewhere it should NEVER show up.  Re-installing Nova does not help.  As a note, if I set the Google Now launcher as the default, it gets the same treatment.   This issue occurs on three phones so far.

I have some issues with Trusted Locations as well.  Sometimes when I am Home, the PIN screen will still come up when I unlock my screen even though it should not.  This could just be an issue with this update being an comparably old version of Lollipop.

Briggs3509
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a full factory restore then I did the upgrade to 5.0.1 then I did another restore. With that being said I have had 1 issue and 1 annoyance.

The issue: No Data over wifi or 4g. This has happened twice where I had to reboot the phone to fix the issue.

Annoyance: Bluetooth now gives the "High Volume Warning" message when listening to audio at max volume. It used to not do this before in kitkat 4.4.2

Other than those 2 things seem to be going well. My Battery drain bug from kitkat seems to be gone (Where Android OS would use up 40% of my battery and my phone would get hot)

cr1d3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to check back in, my battery life has tremendously improved. keep in mind I'm using a 7800mah extended battery. When I was running 4.4.2 my phone would last about 2 whole days. Now its been almost 3 days, and I'm still sitting at 28% and the phone tells me I have about 22 hours left on battery. So that will be about 3 and a half days of phone usage. So its working really well for me still! I haven't found any more bugs either, which is great!

seadooman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lost S-Voice. Will not say who has text or called. This is in Hands free mode.

seadooman
Enthusiast - Level 2

No S-voice, I think that was a very useful part of the phone and now will not tell me who has texted while I am driving. Either need a patch or give me another phone since I can't go back to 4.4.2... Great way to ruin a good phone verizon.

cheshirecat289
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since updating my Samsung Galaxy S4 to lollipop 5.0.1 I am not able to send SMS messages, or text with MMS messages. The phone receives texts and I can make calls and surf the network just fine. The phone is using a T-Mobile Sim. I can send text if I am not on the 4g LTE. Unfortunately I cannot disable LTE in the settings. I contacted Samsung and T-Mobile and no solutions provided work. I dunno what else to do at this point.

pjwalter
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's now done it about 15 times in the past few days.