Report problems with Lollipop 5.0.1(2) update
August1959
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very curious to hear from anyone that experiences problems with this update and if or how they were able to fix them?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Report problems with Lollipop 5.0.1(2) update
cr1d3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I just checked for updates on my S4, and it said there were 2 updates, the first was to prepare for 5.0.1, and the second was the 5.0.1 update. The first update downloaded and installed fine. When I went to download and install the second update, it downloads without error, and restarts itself and the green android pops up and acts like its installing the update, a few seconds later the green android pops up with a red triangle and says error. Then it restarts and when it does I get a script saying the update was unsuccessful. Then I go back to software update in settings and it says "update failed, 402". I wish I knew how to fix this, I would really like to have it updated before tomorrow. I even tried Kies and it says there is no update for this phone. I tried Verizon upgrade assistant, and it says "this devices current firmware is not available for a software upgrade". Is there any insight for why this could be happening? Thanks

August1959
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you try a hard reset? I would also take out the SD card before the factory reset just as a precaution and I wouldn't re-install the SD card until update is complete.

Did you reboot after the 1st update?

0 Likes
timothyc74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Minor glitch. Camera shortcut was checked on in settings to appear on lock screen but was not showing on lock screen. Simply removing the check mark and checking it back on made it reappear. Settings-->My Device-->Lock Screen--> Camera Shortcut.

jarmst203
Enthusiast - Level 2

TThe main problem I have seen is on my G3. Ever since the update my wifi has been running like dial up! my device worked excellent up until I did the update. Everything works ok as long as your on the data. Seems kinda like it might have been done on purpose to get people to use more data. J/s

NebularNovice
Enthusiast - Level 2

My upgrade appeared to go smoothly, but ....

I now cannot reach my POP3 email server using Maildroid.  The prevoius messages in Maildroid are still there, but when I try to connect, all I get is "Connecting in <>  Try now" with <> counting down from 1m, then 2m, now 5m.

Also when I press the menu spot on the phone, I get the editing layout for home screen with wallpapers, widgets, and home screen settings buttons on the bottom.

Overall very frustrating.  How do I revert?

oxcom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem. I tried a factory reset to no avail. Any suggestions out there other than the standard Tier 1 responses?

Snn5
Legend

I had no issues on any of my devices that updated to 5.0.2

August1959
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone noticed if "Part 1" of the update changes the version of the OS (i.e. - KitKat 4.4.3 or 4.4.4)?

0 Likes
oxcom
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does not. I have had troubles installing the second patch but after the first the system is still listed as 4.4.2 with baseband FNK4.