Remote Call
AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Against my better judgment, I finally installed the latest update two days ago.  Now I notice when I see a call, there seems to be another "window" in the notification panel that says "remote call". Also, when I look at my phone while in a call there is now a different looking screen that says "pull".  What is this and how can I make it go away?  Why did the one talk update get pushed to everyone? I don't have one talk and have no interest.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote Call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMCas,

Help has arrived! A software update is supposed to enhance your phone, not hinder it. Let’s work together to get this resolved. Ex_tech_coach has provided us with a good clue to work off of. Tazz3L who had this situation happened to him, found that disabling the tablet he had with Verizon Messages+ did the trick. In researching this with our internal device forum moderators that work side by side with the manufacturers they are linking this problem to the Verizon Messages+ app. Do you have the Verizon Messages+ linked to another device? If so, we are going to ask for you to disconnect it. We are working on a fix to get this taken care of.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ex_tech_coach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have seen this to and it wont let you end the call. it says "Pull".... Pull from what? and there is no setting for remote call and i cant find anything about this except for your post. Whats going on Verizon?

ALEWIL10
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone just started doing this about 30 minutes ago. It wasn't doing it a couple of hours ago.

Ex_tech_coach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to check but I got a question for y'all. Do you have VERIZON messages on another device? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it bc it asked about Wi-Fi calling.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wifi calling isn't necessarily tied to the Verizon Messages application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't seen it anywhere either which is why I decided to ask.  I went through various settings and found nothing to turn it off or anything that said remote call.

AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do have it on multiple devices but I don't know that the two would be related. BUT anything is possible!

Ex_tech_coach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I added mine to my ipad and thats when it started. What is your other device? I have an ipad and under settings there is an option for calling. I just turned mine off and gonna test.

Ex_tech_coach
Enthusiast - Level 2

The pull is if you make a call on your other device and want to pull it to your phone. Trying to see if you can pull to the other device.

Ex_tech_coach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh this is cool. I called my son on my ipad and was able to transfer to my phone. Then I called in my phone and transferred the call to my ipad. That is what it's for. That's what the remote call is for. This is really cool. If phone is on charge I can still use my ipad for calls