Re: Remote Call
s-kat
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, 2+ months in, and this is still a hit or miss issue on if this pops up at the end of my calls or not? How hard can they possibly be working to resolve this issue with all of the technology we have access to today? Somebody had to create these apps & software that don't seem to play well together, and yet they can't find a fix months later,  and Verizon's solution is to disable specific (important) features I purchased this phone to use? I don't believe Verizon cares enough about this problem to ever really fix it (2+ months later!) and I also don't believe their messages about caring about our privacy when signing in. If they did, they wouldn't have allowed such a stupid data breach last month exposing all of our PIN numbers (if you called into Cust Serv) to whoever it was that was able to hack in,  giving them access to any of our personal info they desired. I'm pretty disgusted with Verizon at this point as a customer for about 18 years,  if you can't tell...

0 Likes
s-kat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have no idea why the font is so large in the beginning of this post if it posts to everyone the way I see it on my phone, I didn't change any settings?!

Sorry...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly important to be able to use your device when you need it as well as the added features that come with your device, S-kat79. We appreciate your long time service and hope to keep this relationship going for years to come. Can you tell me more about the troubleshooting steps that you have been able to complete in order to resolve the issue please? Do you have multiple devices linked together with integrated messaging? When did the issue start? Was this after a Samsung software update or was this an app update?

Your privacy and security is our number one priority and we do understand your concern. This did not impact Verizon Wireless customers in any way, there has been no loss or theft of Verizon Wireless account information. Additional information can be found here: http://vz.to/2uqUJcr for your convenience.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Drwatson618
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope I didn't jinx it, but I may have fixed it for me. I made message+ my default app and went into the settings and deleted me account. I haven't had the issue happen since.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drwatson618, your experience is very important to us. It's great that you found a way to fix this application. Let us know if anything changes. Is there anything else that we can help with?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Timothyb196
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem. I understand that with new features, sometimes there are bugs. But now I am stuck with a real problem. My Zenpad only uses Messages+. It has no other messaging app, and now that I have disconnected it, I have no text app on my tablet. And with my daughter away at college we often do video calls with her, so I am unwilling to turn off advanced calling. So I literally have to restart my phone to get this screen to disappear. While this Remote Call thing may be 'very cool', personally, I'd love a way to turn it off (I don't even know exactly what it does). I am hoping that you all are really working on this bug, and that you find a way to fix it soon, because until you do, I have no messaging app on my tablet. I really like my new S7 but the keyboard is TINY, and I often message using my tablet.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are other video chat apps available in the Play Store. Have you tried those?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Coyboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

All I did was go into settings, apps, system apps a d go down to phone app and tap it, go down to about and hit about and there was an update and it solved my remote call that kept popping up

Ljohnsjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have any other devices with Verizon messaging+

Marbenit

I do not have Verizon messenger on another device and I am still having the same issue.

@Ex_tech_coach wrote:

I have to check but I got a question for y'all. Do you have VERIZON messages on another device? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it bc it asked about Wi-Fi calling.

0 Likes