Reload Samsung weather app
MkyMous
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my Galaxy S5.  So far so good.

I had to turn it off and turn it back on and now my weather widget is gone.

Cannot figure out how to get it back.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reload Samsung weather app
MkyMous
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Beem.

But . . . . .

When I do this, the Widget copies to the location but only shows the Time.  No weather information at all.

Also, I do not have a "Widgets Tab" in my App folder.  Only way to get to Widgets is to press and hold in an empty space on screen, then you can pick Widgets from bottom of screen.

After a hour online with Verizon, finally punted and had to default back to Samsung.

After a hour and a half frustratingly dealing with Samsung Tech Support, they finally said I had to Factory Reset to get my Weather App back.

Seems a bit extreme, but after many attempts this seemed to be my only option.

after assuring I had good backups of everything, I did a factory reset and did get my weather app back in a functioning way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Beem3r814

Go into your app drawer and it should display widgets at the top. Tap on it, then once you find the widget you should be able to drag it to one of your home screens.

0 Likes
MkyMous
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Beem.

But . . . . .

When I do this, the Widget copies to the location but only shows the Time.  No weather information at all.

Also, I do not have a "Widgets Tab" in my App folder.  Only way to get to Widgets is to press and hold in an empty space on screen, then you can pick Widgets from bottom of screen.

After a hour online with Verizon, finally punted and had to default back to Samsung.

After a hour and a half frustratingly dealing with Samsung Tech Support, they finally said I had to Factory Reset to get my Weather App back.

Seems a bit extreme, but after many attempts this seemed to be my only option.

after assuring I had good backups of everything, I did a factory reset and did get my weather app back in a functioning way.

0 Likes
bbeachlife

It seems this is something that is happening to others than just you. Mine too just disappeared but it's not worth doing a factory default for

0 Likes
bbeachlife

The app is completely gone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbeachlife,

I know it's useful to have your weather app and this is quite odd. Have you gone to Settings>Apps>All (from the top), do you see your weather app in this list. If not, go back to the home screen, then to All Apps>Settings>Hide/Unhide apps>Make sure it's not hidden.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes