Refurbished Phone Bad Battery
CreativeCowgirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S7 in December 2018 and a few months ago, the battery started to drain fast. Texting would cause it to lose many percentage points. I contacted Verizon Customer Support and they replaced the phone under warranty. Unfortunately, the replacement phone does the same thing and there is nothing more Verizon can do.

Is this just an issue with the S7? Or are all refurbished phones like this? Just disappointed. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Refurbished Phone Bad Battery
bearone21
Legend

refurbed means someone else had a problem.

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

It sounds like an S7 issue. I would see about getting the battery replaced somewhere. Refurbished phones are fixed phones, not broken phones sent out to someone else. They do run diagnostics and test them after repair. 

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

My S7 starting doing the fast battery discharge about 3 months ago. Lucky to get a full day out if it now even by switching to medium power saving mode. I believe this happened right after a monthly security update. Looking at my battery usage, the Android OS and Android System use the lions share of the battery power, about 600% higher than the other apps.

Now the conspiracists will have you believe that Samsung/Verizon sent out a sunsetting type update to basically bog down the battery functionality so bad that you would want to purchase a newer phone. I don't know about that, but thoudsands of S7 users are now in the same boat.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Klue, 

I'm so sorry to hear that your battery has not been holding a charge recently! We want to make sure your battery is in tip-top shape, so you can enjoy your phone. Let's dive deeper, and see what may be causing this. Please follow the steps here to run a device health check, and share the results of the health of your device's battery.  

http://spr.ly/6600EvSWC

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes