Red X/Black Lightning Bolt Charging icons
lholladay

My software upgraded while on vacation on July 1st - ever since I have been having issues with my charging cables. I have been using the same charging cables and now I am getting either a Red X or Black Lightning bolt, or they aren't being acknowledged at all.  What do we do?  Sometimes just unplugging the charger and plugging it back in it will switch to a different icon for the charging.  This is nuts!!!  I have never had this problem before!!!

0 Likes
Re: Red X/Black Lightning Bolt Charging icons
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lholladay

Samsung Galaxy S3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see you loving that update, lholladay. I hope it didn't give you too much trouble for your vacation. Are you using the original wall charger that came with the phone? Have you tried using a car charger or other alternate charger? When you look into the charging port, do you see any debris or corrosion?

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
lholladay

I have my original charging cable/Samsung USB plug and it doesn't work now, I picked up an aftermarket cable from Walmart for $19 and it is giving me the red X.  I then tried the actual power cord/charger (all in one) from my Galaxy tablet and it works with a Black lightning bolt.  The cord I have at work is an aftermarket bought at Walmart that cost me $19 and it is using a USB plug in that came with my iPhone - I either get a red X or it says it is charging and there is no icon at all.    I am so confused!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lholladay,

We encourage you to exchange your original charger. They can exchange it for one that will work. We strongly encourage you not to use the one that you purchased from Walmart as it can use a different amperage and void the warranty on your device.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes