Red X Battery Issue Prevalent After Reset
BalfourTheJedi

I have the dreaded red X on my battery icon when attempting to charge, ive already run a factory reset (and lost stuff because apparently "backup paused, cloud service unable to connect" but thats beside the point), and yet this issue is still there, along with the battery drain issues many have stated from the kitkat update. to make matters worse, my phone wont connect to my laptop through usb, and i feel the red x issue and this are connected. Does anyone know of something i can do? this battery is less than a year old, and the usb cable has worked with other devices.
Ive pulled the battery, checked the cable, hard reset, tried charging in safe mode, and still nothing.

Does anyone know what i could do to fix these problems?

0 Likes
Re: Red X Battery Issue Prevalent After Reset
BalfourTheJedi

And to top it off, battery barely charges and cant tell the difference between USB and AC,not to mention wifi has been around 3 bars since the update for my home network, whereas before i got 5 consistently, and browsing has slowed considerable due to it...at this point i just want the option to possibly rollback the update and see if that does anything

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of all the issues you are having with your phone BalfourTheJedi! Since you have already done a factory reset and the issues continue you may need to replace the phone. Is there any physical/water damage to the device? We have a system in place to replace with a Certified Like New phone if it is within the one year manufacturers' warranty. See details here http://vz.to/uyYF0o

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

BalfourTheJedi

Thank you for your response. My phone has suffered no physical/water damage of any kind that I am aware of, this appears to be an issue linked mainly to the kit kat update. My little brother is not having this problem, yet we both have the same phone, however his was replaced recently due to water damage so maybe that has something to do with it. A new problem has arisen with my phone now, I cant accept downloads through texts; such as ringtones or pictures. this wasnt an issue before the reset...

Anyway, what is the general cost of a replacement when under warranty because Ive still got a few months left. Seeing as how there is no physical damage and it seems to be linked to the update which I have no control over, would it be possible to have any fees reasonably waived?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BalfourTheJedi,

We want you to have a fully functional device. I am truly sorry for all the issues you are currently having with your device. Lets look into replacement options. Please private message me so we can access your account and review all options.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  lindseyt_vzw