Recently used apps not appearing
indyshox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the July 8 update (G920VVRU4CPF4) my S6 does not display any recently used apps. When I touch the Recent Apps "button" to the left of the Home Button, the screen just displays "No recently used apps". I"ve googled around, but can't seem to find a solution. Only consistent theme online is people experiencing this following this update.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recently used apps not appearing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've got a wonderful device, indyshox. Let's get it running as it should. Safe Mode temporarily disables any downloaded apps to determine if one of them is causing this to happen. Here's a link with details on how to do get into safe mode: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s6-reset-restore-help/#restart-in-safe-mode/ Aside from the update, had any new apps been added around the time this started?

LynnE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is concerning to hear, indyshox. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to help find out the main cause of this issue such as Safe Mode? I want to make sure that we avoid performing any steps that you might have tried.

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
indyshox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not familiar with Safe Mode. I was able to boot the phone so as to allow me to clear the cache. However, the problem persists. Suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've got a wonderful device, indyshox. Let's get it running as it should. Safe Mode temporarily disables any downloaded apps to determine if one of them is causing this to happen. Here's a link with details on how to do get into safe mode: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s6-reset-restore-help/#restart-in-safe-mode/ Aside from the update, had any new apps been added around the time this started?

LynnE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes