Recent software update
headlinewiz

There was a Verizon software update a few days ago that I ran on my Samsung Galaxy 6, and it's made my phone next to useless. Everything is now slow and sludgy -- Messaging, Facebook, other apps, internet access. I clean junk and boost storage virtually daily and I'm not anywhere close to capacity on RAM usage, so that can't be the problem. This definitely started right after the update. Can I go back to the old version, or is there a fix for this?

0 Likes
Re: Recent software update
MiaMuggles
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why are my samsung S6 edges having so much trouble after this last system update? As always there are many changes which no one likes. My phones now lock up when texting. Freeze when trying to make a call. Having to tab on the screen multiple times to activate a link. Have to soft boot often just to get them to work again. Cannot be the pior excuse tech support uses saying you installed some software that is making the phone unstable. Nothing installed since last update and the phone performed just fine. It so why are my other 2 S6 edges having te same problems? Why are we subjected to this gestapo form of update?

Re: Recent software update
headlinewiz

It wasn't Verizon. It was Samsung. I called their support line and the

procedure they walked me through is "clear cache partition." It seems to

have solved the problem. It's a little complicated, so if you can't find it

online, call Samsung.

0 Likes