Recent Update
ChuckyP69
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got the most recent update to Samsung Galaxy S9+. Now if you have Bluetooth, Hotspot or NFC turned on it NO LONGER shows an icon in the notification line at top of Home Screen. The only way you can see if they are on is to go into settings. Is this the way it's going to be or is there a setting someplace for these to once again show up.  And why does the customer support phone line say that Technical Support is closed at 9:30 on a Tuesday?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recent Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChuckyP69, 

Knowing the status of your settings at a glance is everything. The changes with Android Pie are different than we're all used to seeing. From the information we have, the status bar is a bit more limited than before so not all status icons will display. Try altering your display size by going to Settings > Screen zoom. You can also try turning off the battery percentage by going to Settings > Notifications > Status Bar > Show battery percentage. Please let us know if this information helps.

We also apologize for the trouble you had with reaching our technical support by phone on Tuesday. There was a concern with our IVR, which has been resolved.

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

perhaps you need to go into settings/notifications & make sure theseare toggled "on".

0 Likes
swhodges

I got the same thing after recent update ands just the other day noticed my battery was low and got message about low charging. Had I go to settings to see my hotspot was on.

0 Likes