Receiving double text notifications
SUZGOODNIGHT

I get a notification of receiving two (2) text messages for every one (1) I actually do receive.  How do I stop this?  Only one new message actually appears.

0 Likes
Re: Receiving double text notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUZGOODNIGHT, I can only begin to understand how frustrating it would be to constantly receive duplicate text notifications. We're here to help. Are you using the default text message app or Message+? Do both notifications go away once the text is opened? Are any other applications or notifications experiencing errors?

MelissaP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUZGOODNIGHT

I am using Message+.  It started suddenly.  Yes, both notifications go away once I open the message.  All else is working fine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably need to set one text message application to the default messaging application and disable the other text message application installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUZGOODNIGHT, thanks for confirming what messaging app you were using. Ann154 is correct we want to make sure your Verizon Messages (Message+) app is the default messaging app. To check that this is the case, you'll use these instructions: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216719/

Make sure VZ Messages/Message+ is the default messaging app. Once that's done, see if one of your contacts can send you a text. This will test and let us know if that double notification occurs. Let us know what you find.

JohnT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUZGOODNIGHT,

I thank you for your attempts. Not all applications can be removed. If this is an option, simply follow the following steps:

Apps; Settings; Application Manager; Message+

Also power your device off for at least 30 seconds, then have a friend send you a text. What happens?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes