Problems with new replacement phone
Justinmurphy7939

Hello all, I just got a replacement phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy s4. It has anot icon saying location set for GPS. How do I remove this? Next, alot but not all of my contacts transferred to new phone without phone numbers. Names are there. I do have another phone and s6 that I can transfer from. Where did I go wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Problems with new replacement phone
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

When transferring contacts, did you use the direct transfer method, or, did you download from the Cloud?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can turn off Location and the GPS icon will never come back on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting everything back in order is certainly goal number one, Justinmurphy7939. As for the contacts, there are so many ways your contacts are synced, let’s be sure to restore using the service that was used when backing up. Now in addition to Verizon Cloud, there’s also Google that backs up. Were you able to restore your same Gmail address on the device? Perhaps Facebook was used?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes