Re: Problems with Rebate.
bigbearsgym
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry you're still having problems trying to get your rebate. All I can say is to keep trying. Tell them that you want to speak to the highest authority person as possible when you "call" the rebate center. I firmly believe that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. If you don't get satisfaction from the rep you are speaking with, hang up and call again so that you'll be connected with a different person. When I called the rebate center the rep I spoke to did the same to me. He told me that there was nothing that he could do and tried to tell me that it was "my fault" for not sending the rebate in within the 30 day time allotment. I said to him, how can that be when I was never even notified of the rebate let alone a 30 day time allotment to file for it? His scripted reply was the same as before. So then I asked to speak with his supervisor and to my surprise he said yes. As explained in my previous post after I went thru it all with the supervisor he agreed with me that it was the right thing to do to give me my rebate. He said that he'd run it up to an even "higher authority" for review and that he had written down everything that I told him and would pass it on. A little over a week later I received the confirmation email that I was getting the rebate. I'm not sure if there can be a class action lawsuit. Someone mentioned on another thread that we gave that right up when we signed the contract with Verizon. But what I do know that you can do for sure is to take them to small claims court and sue them for the rebate. If enough people do that they will be tied up in court all day everyday for a very long time. You need to keep all of your notes and chat conversations. The more thorough you are in court the better for you. I would also file a complaint with your states attorney general. This is a 3rd party handling the rebates for Verizon. I read in another post a person who is a share holder for Verizon was having the same issues. That person apparently was able to get through to some higher ups at Verizon and all of a sudden people started receiving their rebates. So like I said, be the pest from hell and don't let it go. Good luck and keep us advised of what happens.  🙂

0 Likes
bigbearsgym
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey, no...don't you wait to use that rebate card. You only get 4 months to use it. I saw somewhere in My Verizon where you can apply the rebate. Call Verizon and have them walk you thru it. Do not sit on your rebate card until April 2017 or it will expire. I just got my card and it expires Jan. 2017.

0 Likes
bigbearsgym
Enthusiast - Level 3

So sorry that you are having such a hard time getting your rebate as well. Please read my comment to "grl3" that I just made. It might help you. Don't give up and good luck.  🙂

0 Likes
JUSFOR59

I have been doing the same thing since March also. I had to contact my local store and only yesterday did the rebate center actually file the paper work that has been sent to them 4 times and they have miraculously not received.

0 Likes
FOLSUM88

I'm having problems with this rebate too. I was lied to by several people and I will be taking my lines and leaving. 

0 Likes