Re: Problems with Rebate.
JASCOL25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I am having the same problem. When I ordered the phones through Verizon there was no mention that I had to anything more than wait for the rebate card to arrive in 8 to 10 weeks. The box that was shipped to me with both of my new phones did not have any mention of having to submit paperwork to get the rebate. The rep never mentioned any of this or I would have submitted my application as soon as I got phones. After several talks with the rebate center I'm informed I am not getting a "rebate card" I only have the pleasure of paying full price for two S7 edge phones! I feel it was very deceptive and Verizon could care less if a long time customer with several mobile phone lines is even listened to forget helping.

0 Likes
Crissling

Same issue.

I submitted my rebate for a bogo S7 offer April 1st, 2016. I have yet to receive my rebate. I've talked to customer care, the rebate Center, I've had customer care talk to the rebate Center, I've talked to the floor manager of the rebate Center, I've emailed the rebate Center all to no avail. June 8th 2016 I received an email from the rebate Center stating I will DEFINITELY have a resolution within 15 days, 15 days later told to wait another 15, then floor manager "escalated" issue again and told it would be resolved within 5 days, then after the 5 days of no resolution told it would be another 7 days. Verizon customer care has been great and stayed on the phone with me and the rebate Center for literally hours but the rebate Center is sounding more and more like a SCAM with each passing day. Here's an email from over a month ago I have of false promises.

"Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Redemption Center.

It will be a pleasure to provide you with any requested information about your rebate, Mr. Rissling. I accessed your record and verified that your rebate is invalid because your purchase information submitted is not eligible for a rebate. However, while doing some research on your record, I determined that the purchase information is actually valid and as the valued customer you are for Verizon Wireless, you deserve to have this mistake fixed. So, this record was escalated on Jun 08, 2016, to upper management approval so they can review your information and have a resolution for you within 15 business days, so please, keep tracking on your rebate online at www.verizonwireless.com/rebates and definitely we will have a resolution for your case.

I am truly sorry for this inconvenience, Mr. Rissling, but I assure you that your submission will be treated carefully and with the highest of qualities."

I'm left with no option other than to wait or file a complaint with the BBB. What should I do?

0 Likes
anionru2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to my local Verizon store and explained the situation to them.  I found out that they have more support options than we do with that crappie rebate site.  They called their support and supposedly have the issue fixed.  I will find out by end of the week if my gift card comes in or not. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It would take longer than a week for you if they could help you. Most rebate printing companies take roughly 10 days before even sending it out. They send it out by the slowest mailing method possible. You are looking about 2 weeks in reality

0 Likes
bigbearsgym
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think that people need to start filing complaints with your states Attorney General's office, as well as the BBB. This is turning out to be a scam for many people. Someone posted earlier that we may not be able to join a class action lawsuit. That right was taken away from consumers several years ago and since then there have been several senators who've introduced bills into congress attempting to get that right back for consumers only for the bill to die before it can be passed. I think the best recourse is to save all of your correspondence, EVERYTHING, all documentation and take Verizon to small claims court. From reading around the internet it sounds like there are hundreds of people who've been scammed by Verizon on the rebate for one issue or another. If everyone takes them to small claims court and sues them Verizon will be in court everyday, all day for a long time. It is the only recourse to force them to pay unless the states Attorney General's decide to get involved and sue Verizon. It is also not hard to sue them in small claims and generally costs less than $100 to file.

0 Likes
jacaronda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally filed a complaint with the BBB and within 2 days the issue was

resolved to my satisfaction. I got a call from a representative in the

Executive Office. The rebate center refused to issue the rebate because

the filing deadline had not been met but because i had been misled by their

salesperson, Verizon decided to honor their BOGO offer and credited my

account for the price of one phone.

RKJPete
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very very similar experience. It was simply not made clear at time of purchase for the S7 BOGO  offer what my responsibilities were. I've participated in rebate offers with Verizon before and it was made clear then what to do.   Step by step instructions with no need for me to make a recording of the sales rep's explanation or scan fine print buried on their website.

0 Likes
RKJPete
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm starting to think about legal action.

0 Likes
RKJPete
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly my experience.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

RKJPete wrote:

I'm starting to think about legal action.

You should read the Customer Agreement linked at the bottom of every Verizon Wireless web page first. Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.