Problems with Rebate.
6977watts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased some Galaxy S7's in the beginning of April told that if I buy one I'll get the second one free. Well I processed my rebate right after i got them. And I still haven't gotten approved for the rebates. The first reason the computer said was because I had purchased it at a non-participating store. Well i got it at a corporate location, called and they said I was due the rebate everything was in order paperwork was correct and it will be fixed after resubmitting. That was nearly a month ago. Now the computer is saying its missing information even though I was told by the rep over the phone that he saw I had submitted all the correct documents and receipts. This is ridiculous and I am very frustrated with Verizon. Forget the fact they took away my month-to-month promotions which is a whole separate and reluctantly accepted issue by me. I pay over 300 a month for my entire family and If I decide to go you can bet I'll be taking all of those lines with me.

Lastly I understand the rebates are handled by a third-party company outside of Verizon. Well sorry but that's no excuse. It was after all a Verizon representative that extended to me the offer. Can't pass the responsibility and the blame if something goes wrong.

Tags (1)
Re: Problems with Rebate.
DUFFERDUDE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm going through the same thing with my bogo s7 rebate. what a strange process. it's almost like they are hoping you give up and then they don't have to pay you?

I've received an email 30 days after submission saying they needed more info, then I call and everything is ok according to the csr. that has happened 3 times. pretty crazy.

I'm contacting the BBB and filing a formal complaint.

This is ridiculous.

The csr's are of no help whatsoever.

0 Likes
Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

Get in line. I submitted 3-21 & have gotten nothing. In "Upper Management" level for 3 weeks. Did email chat last Friday to give them 2 more days...still nothing. Will be contacting again today.

0 Likes
bigbearsgym
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe it's time for a class action lawsuit. I am going thru the same thing. I've been a customer of Verizon for well over 15 years and they've made a lot of money off of me. If I don't get the rebate I am considering suing. I'll also happily go to another company

MikeyMac27

I have a similar issue, i called to ask about my rebate and it turns out i was supposed to file paperwork and a form for it, this was not spoken to me at all when i purchased my phones. The reps were very clear i just had to have the phones and establish payments and after 60-90 days we would have a gift card, Im attempting to file the promo now but it says the promo is not valid or my purchase dat is incorrect. And I cant seem to email customer service now to ask about it. Real annoying and frustrating because the VZW reps can only keep giving me the information to fill out the form, which does not work

0 Likes
MG_07860
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here Watts. This process is ridiculous and Verizon is absolutely going to face legal and media repercussions in this.

I bought 2 new s7 Edges in the BOGO deal at a corporate Verizon store in the beginning of April. Submitted everything, have to wait 45 days for confirmation of continued service, no problem. 45 days pass and nothing. Check in on the rebate status -invalid, cannot validate purchase info. No email, no contact, csr chat says we have to escalate it, another 15 days. She has no idea how long it has been deemed invalid -maybe I could have started this process weeks ago. Maybe, it should have started automatically!

This absolutely seems like intentional foot-dragging. The object would be to wait out the rebate customers until they give up. At $600-$700 per customer, we're talking about a lot of money for Verizon.

What a shame to betray the public trust like this.

0 Likes
GARDENCR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still awaiting Samsung BOGO rebate since March 24. Have gone back & forth with emails, live chat, phone calls. STILL no resolution. Tonight I am told "a few more days". Really ?? When my bill is due Verizon wants their money ASAP,, not months and months later!

I feel completely ripped off.

0 Likes
ILMChris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have just contacted their "Rebate Center" which I believe is not located in the United States. I was told that the review of my complaint will be completed by July 8. If this is not rectified, how many of you would like to join me in securing a lawyer and starting a class action lawsuit against Verizon?

I'm not going to be a victim to this scam for us to put out money and not be afforded the rebate we are entitled to.

Who's in?

Chris Meek

GARDENCR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree, not willing to be a scam victim either. Supposedly my rebate will be issued 'in a few days' but if not, yes I am willing to assist in securing a lawyer.

0 Likes
DUFFERDUDE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in.

0 Likes