Re: Problems with Rebate.
bigbearsgym
Enthusiast - Level 3

What does the customer agreement have to do with Verizon not honoring their rebates or giving directions on how to apply for a rebate and the amount of time that you have to apply for the rebate? I looked at the customer agreement and find that nowhere does it say anything about rebates.

0 Likes
bigbearsgym
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keep contacting them. Threaten to sue them in small claims court if they don't honor your rebate. Also tell them that you will file a complaint with your states Attorney General and the BBB. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

0 Likes
bigbearsgym
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jacaronda, Congrats to you!  🙂  After much going back and forth with them I have been told that my rebate will also be honored. A card is suppose to be on it's way to me as of about a week ago. Will let you guys know if I receive it.

0 Likes
AMYPUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in !

0 Likes
AMYPUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also been waiting since March.  I am disgusted

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

There is no reason anyone should wait that long for a rebate. (Months) ? Purpose of these rebates is that they hope people would forget and get disgusted from the whole process. Another rotten marketing scheme, and total legal theft.

0 Likes
bigbearsgym
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an update for you all. After much going back and forth with the rebate center and being turned down 3 times of my rebate, about 3 weeks ago I finally threatened to sue Verizon in small claims court as well as file a complaint with my states attorney general. The person from the rebate center whom I was speaking with kept telling me that there was nothing he could do and because I didn't file for the rebate within the 30 days I was out of luck and that was that. So I asked to talk to someone in upper management. To my surprise they said okay and connected me to someone. This person seemed very understanding after I explained my situation of not finding out about the rebate until after the 30 day window was up, and that I was never notified during my purchase of it or when my phones were delivered. I had told them that I've been a customer of Verizon for well over 15 years, I've spent a lot of money with them, and that I was a happy customer until this problem. I said I really didn't want to go to another company but if they didn't honor the rebate I would leave and also as I told the other person, sue Verizon in small claims as well as file a complaint with my Atty. Gen. I told him that it was not right that I was never notified of the rebate when I purchased my phones nor notified when the phones came and I felt that the right thing for Verizon to do was to honor their word and honor the rebate. To my surprise he agreed with me. He said that he would send it higher up. He said that he was making notes of everything I told him and would make sure that they were passed onto higher management. He also said that it could take up to 60 days to receive a decision, but he doubted that it would take that long, he just wanted to prepare me of the possible time frame. He seemed like a really nice guy. I hated to make threats, that's not who I am. I am a loyal person and I am also not a sue happy person but life has kicked me in the rear too many times and I've just had enough of getting ripped off. Within a week and a half I received an email from the rebate center notifying me that my rebate had been approved. That was July 21st. The rebate card came in the mail today. I'm happy now. So I just wanted to say don't give up and keep fighting for your rebate. Be nice too. It always helps to be nice to people.

grl3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had enough of Verizon's games. I am glad you got your rebate. Our stories are similar.

I see class action lawsuit if Verizon doesn't correct this widespread mess. Atty Gen here I come.

My problem described here: Re: Samsung S7 BOGO Scam/Fraud/Lies

Today I was in chat with rebate center. Esther, a verizon rep, said there was nothing she could do and ended the chat. Uhh rude!

0 Likes
GARTSU38

I've had almost the same experience. I bought my S7 on April 7, 2016 and just received the rebate card as of 8/9/16. They gave me the same story regarding proof of purchase, etc.

Now I'm trying to apply that rebate to the "free" device to lower my monthly and there doesn't seem to be a way of doing it. I have to wait until April 7, 2017 when the devices are upgradeable to apply the debit VISA amount. Sounds suspiciously like they're trying to window dress their cash flow.

Add me to the class action suit however Congress changed the rules for class action lawsuits to make it more difficult to qualify.

0 Likes
6977watts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an update. Still haven't gotten it approved. If I have to call again it will be my fifth time. On my forth attempt i requested a manager who said and I quote, "expect good news with an email confirmation in about 15 days". Its been about 2 weeks so if it hasn't been done now i doubt 1 extra day will make a difference. This is bad, i mean really bad.

I want to say glad that I'm not the only one going through this maybe Verizon will notice and take action. But its also unfortunate that many people are as frustrated as I am.

0 Likes