Problems with Galaxy S4 and Verizon
meggienp

My Samsung Galaxy S4 was only 16 days from purchase when the screen failed to work. it just went black. I called Verizon. This "brand new phone" was replaced by a phone that is "like new". This is unacceptable. I did not pay for a "like new phone". The phone did not stop working a year or so later. It stopped when it had very little data or usage. I'm very concerned about my decision to change from AT&T and the iPhone to this device. I'm thinking I made a huge mistake. I plan to call Verizon and try to receive what I purchased - a new phone... Not a refurbished phone. This is ridiculous! I will also attempt to sway friends and family away from making the same mistake I made if Verizon does not correct the situation. Thanks.

0 Likes
Problems with Galaxy S4 and Verizon
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There is no situation to correct.  If you check the contract that you signed, it states that, after the 14 day return window, you will get a CLNR for all warranty exchanges.  I would not be surprised if the other carriers have the same policy.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Galaxy S4 and Verizon
rsalinger

Sure it's the letter of the contract but why make such a fuss and annoy a customer. Frankly, why can't these phones just be repaired?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rsalinger wrote:

Sure it's the letter of the contract but why make such a fuss and annoy a customer. Frankly, why can't these phones just be repaired?

You have to contact Samsung directly for repairs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Because Verizon doesn't repair phones.

0 Likes
E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

I also had problems with my phone and Verizon sent me a REFURBISHED phone. I was more then happy to get the REFURBISHED.

Take into consideration 2 things before you stick your nose up at it:

1. 99.8% of the phones you are getting right now may say refurbished but they new because the phone has not been out long.

2. Refurbished phones get checked over more then the new phones.

0 Likes