Re: Problems with 4.3 update, lied to by Verizon tech support
Tidbits
Legend

The reason why they know... Their job is in these forums... Isn't that obvious?

You win. Everyone should know everything that happens. Even you don't know everything about everything that goes on.

0 Likes
wiseoldunicorn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not saying everyone should know everything about everything that happens. I AM saying that if one Verizon rep is stating that Verizon knows about an issue, another Verizon rep should NOT be telling people that Verizon knows nothing about it--and insisting that Verizon knows nothing about it even when the person they're talking to proves to them otherwise. That's just poor internal communication, and poor handling of an upset customer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So just because one rep saw and heard things all reps should have saw an heard the same things by default? Ideally that would be nice, but realistically impossible.

0 Likes
wiseoldunicorn
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is whether or not VERIZON considers this a known issue. The rep I spoke to told me they did not; other reps have said they did. If it is a KNOWN ISSUE with this model of phone, ACCORDING TO VERIZON THE COMPANY AS A WHOLE (which it is), then yes, all tech support reps should know about it. If they don't know about it, it should be a minor issue for them to find out about it, given that IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE.

Stop trying to act like this is some minor problem and there's any legitimate excuse for any tech support rep at Verizon to not know about it. There are a LOT of people pissed off about this. I HIGHLY doubt I was the first call that rep had gotten that day about the EXACT same issues.  I realize Verizon is obviously paying you a lot of money to come on these forums and play damage control, but really, you're just making me angrier. STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

FYI you buy a Nexus device from Google or T-Mobile you'll get the same results.

There are bugs in the Nexus 5 that Some reps at Google know about and some don't. It's plastered on their Google Android bug report list too.

Even with an internal memo. It depends on if the rep reads it. It depends how often that person works. It depends on the calls they get and which devices those people own. So yes there are going to be reps who do not know the issues about Samsung devices. There are a lot of people out there without issues as well. Like I said before all but one were pretty much no trouble at all.

0 Likes
wiseoldunicorn
Enthusiast - Level 2

You said the only one that gave you problems was the S3. Since we're talking about an S3, that...doesn't exactly help your point.

The fact is, it doesn't matter what the individual rep did or did not know. He told me that VERIZON did not know about the issue, which is demonstrably false. Hence why I'm upset.

I hope the paycheck you're getting from Verizon is worth the amount of sucking up you're doing. I'm going to go talk to someone who has a better understanding of what good customer service is than you do. A wall, perhaps.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Care to wager your home that I do not work for Verizon nor ever applied to ever work at Verizon?

Are you sure they said Verizon never heard of the issue, or I'VE never heard of the issue. Which are two different things. Call centers are not like Borg where their information are linked to all of them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I guess I must be getting paid very well since I say the same things on all the customer forums. Maybe I should quit my real job... Nah...

I think y'all need some new material. You must work for XYZ is getting old.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Then quit making silly arguments.  Quit saying everyone with problems has to go to Samsung.  Not realistic.  I buy a Samsung TV from Best Buy.  Take it out of the box and it doesn't work.  I take it back to Best Buy, where I bought it and the people who now have my money.  They give me my money back or another TV.  I don't send it back to the factory in Korea. 

I buy an LG refrigerator from Home Depot.  After a week it breaks.  I take it back to Home Depot because that is where I bought it and they are who has my money if I request a refund.  I don't send it back to LGs factory in China or wherever it is made.  The things you say just don't make sense, that is why everyone thinks you must work for Verizon.  I believe you don't work for Verizon if you say so.  I personally had zero problems with this update.  I did have significant problems with the one last summer.  I followed your advice then and called Samsung.  They said "what are you calling us for, you bought it at the Verizon store."  Absolutely zero help. 

Tidbits
Legend

That's within the remorse window... What happens outside of the remorse window... That's right like ANYWHERE else. You deal with the manufacturer... If you paid extra for a warranty or insurance you are at the mercy of the underwriter.

Show me something different which none of you have. No company outside the remorse will do what you ask not even Apple.