Re: Problems since 2 updates ago. Will it get better, or worse, with the latest update?
dumbernaphone
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I, finally, loaded the new update just because I got tired of the

multiple times per day of dealing with reminders. The good news is, it

doesn't seem to have caused any further issues. However, it did not fix any

of the issues from 2 updates previous. And the company knows these problems

exist. They know it isn't only my phone. They've had 3 updates to correct

the issue; instead, they sit on their hands.

Re: Problems since 2 updates ago. Will it get better, or worse, with the latest update?
Patpatschleg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would call them at 7am and tell whom ever answers that you want to cancel your services.   Don't talk to the first one.   Of course they will want all your information And will say that they can help, but they can't do anything for you.

Ask for a Verizon Supervisor.   Tell them you don't want their phones etc.   That you've been looking and asking for help with zip.  They should send you a new phone.   If not, ask for their supervisor and the address of the corporate office for filing a complaint. 

I was on the phone for 1.5 hours......after everything they made me walk through,  ended up sending me a new one. ...it's simple.   Once you've had your fill of this forum. Rude responses,  no help. " you mean you didn't have them put the SD card in for free " or "well next time" .. bla bla bla bla good luck,   let me know what happens

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dumbernaphone, we certainly don't want you to endure these issues much longer. Software updates normally resolve these types of issues. I see that you have tried quite a bit to resolve this. Have you looked into backing up your phone to the Verizon Cloud > http://vz.to/2iRhBLA  and doing a factory reset >> http://vz.to/2j0kEyo  Please let us know if you see any changes.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Billsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

My experience with the latest update is that the battery usage will get shorter significantly, the phone will crash randomly, particularly when the battery is low and otherwise everything stays the same. I'm getting only eight hours or so to a charge (vs. 14 with the last update and 16 with the previous) and the phone has spontaneously crashed a couple of dozen times since the update. I have power cycled (heck, every crash power cycles) and cleared the cache partition twice. All apps are at the current update level, I have this set to automatic and do it manually each time I'm notified when permissions have changed.

I lean toward the previous post that insinuated the latest updates are attempts to force upgrading to newer phones.