Re: Problems receiving sound notifications on phone when connected to a bluetooth device.
Tracci
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

None of the suggestions made by Verizon worked. As you may have noticed, I'm not the only one having this issue. Other Samsung users are experiencing this issue as well. Has this issue been reported to Samsung? Has Verizon tested this issue to see if it is fact affecting all Samsung phonesor all phones? I pay for phone service and it is very important that I receive my notifcations and know when someone is looking for me. Please test and get this software issue resolved. This has been going on since February and I've missed a lot of important notifications due to this new software update.

0 Likes
Re: Problems receiving sound notifications on phone when connected to a bluetooth device.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are provided with a phone that receives the messages that are sent. With regard to your phone and Bluetooth connection, we would like to review your phone in more detail. Please try resetting your settings on your phone. You can do this by using the steps listed here:

1. Settings Settings icon > General management > Reset.
  2. Tap Reset settings.
  3. Review the info then tap Reset.
    Note If presented, enter the current PIN, password, or pattern.
  4. To confirm, review the info then tap Reset

What are your results after completing this step?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Natedammit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to stop congratulating themself and recognize the problem-- paying customers are missing business and important calls because of a stupid notification alert programming error on the OS. IT IS NOT AN APP PROBLEM OR A MEMORY PROBLEM OR A CACHE PROBLEM.

Plain and simple-- GIVE the Customer the option to TURN ON NOTIFICATION SOUNDS OVER PHONE SPEAKER ALWAYS, point blank. There is no work around.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Natedammit, the last thing we want is for you to miss any important calls or notifications on your smartphone when connected to Bluetooth. We'll be glad to help and want to focus on realistic solutions for you. Is this an issue when you connect to any Bluetooth connection? What's the exact make and model phone that you have?

Please keep in mind Verizon Wireless doesn't develop the operating system, software updates or configuration settings on any smartphone sold. We only test to ensure our network isn't negatively impacted when a software update is released by the manufacturer. As far as notification settings are concerned, this is something can be be lifted up to Samsung. Verizon Wireless has no say in what Samsung/Google decide to keep in regards to settings/features when a software update is released. 

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Tiff3

This still seems to be a Verizon issue as it is a problem within the message+ app. When I'm on a call, I never hear the notification sound for texts, but my alarm still makes a beeping sound. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone who receives frequent text messages I realize how important receiving your notifications sounds can be.  Since we troubleshoot each case individually we just need a few more details to get this resolved.  What type of device do you have?  Does this only happen while on Bluetooth, while on regular calls, or both?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
scross8305

I have the same isssue after updating my S8.   when connected to bluetooth the only notifications i get are via teh bluetooth and not from the phone as it was before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our valued customer's device issues are our concerns too. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues receiving sound notifications on your Samsung Galaxy S8 when you're connected to a Bluetooth device. We'll do everything we can to get this issue resolved for you. How long has this been happening? Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g. software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) Are you experiencing any issues receiving sound notifications when the Bluetooth option is disabled for your device? - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
FloridaGalaxyS9

I have the same problem too! My old phone, a Galaxy S7, worked fine when my phone was connected via bluetooth in my car. Every time  received a text or email, the phone would give a notification sound from the phones speakers. I just got y S9+ a few weeks ago and noticed this problem. Whenever I am driving in my car, if I get a new email or text, my phone doesn't make the notification sound. Unless I keep looking at my phone I would never know I had a new messade.  Come on Verizon, you ned to fix this ASAP!

0 Likes
FloridaGalaxyS9

I found the answer on another forum. You have to turn the audio off on the settings from the bluetooth device that you are connected to.  Once you are connected, go into your bluetooth setting for that device and make the change. (You must be connected before you make the change or it won't work)  But remember, you lose the audio option for playing music over bluetooth for that device but you gain back the sound notification.  Works for me as I never play music from my phone when it is connected via bluetooth in the car, I always just listen to my music on a USB stick. 

0 Likes