Re: Problems after Update
Luigis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am have the same issue with recieving calls after the 9.0 update.  This needs to be fixed. Sprin t is aware of it and issued a dont update warning. Why are you not doing the same. My issue I reported to Verizon via chat today . They brushed me off saying it's a software issue and to contact Samsung. I find this insulting.

My issue I explained to the chat support help.

I'm sitting here at my desk. I call my cell with my land line. I see no incoming call on my cell, then the 4g symbol will disappear and come back. Still no incoming call. I end the call on my land line. Redial and then the call comes through. So I can duplicate the issue now multi times. Phone sits, receives call yet no incoming call. Makes 4g symbol disappear and come back. Second call attempt comes through.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ab805545, we appreciate these great details and want to dig right in to see what is happening. The area itself has not reported any service issues. With this said, we want to focus on the device. You mentioned that you manually installed the update, what exact steps did you take to complete this install? Do you find that calls go straight to voicemail only when you are in a specific location? Or perhaps only when connected with Wi-Fi?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bozenaczekaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have same problem after last update 😞

0 Likes
bozenaczekaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not help at all.

0 Likes
bozenaczekaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have problems after the pie update. I have a galaxy s8+. I don't receive phone calls,but if someone leaves voicemail I do get that. I have no problems making calls or texting and all starts afrer last update. I call verizon , I chat with  tech coach and is not fix for second week. Went to verizon store for new sim card..... still have problem reciving calls.

0 Likes
Meissner11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue.  Seems like no one knows how to fix it.  

0 Likes
tonphanan

I am also having the same issue (cannot receive calls after latest update on S8).  The issue was resolved by turning off Advanced Calling (HD voice / video).

Settings > Connections > Advanced Calling > turn off

I am on a Verizon Galaxy S8.  My fiancee has the same phone but did not have this issue.  She is still able to use Advanced Calling.

Not sure what the real root cause is here; turning off Advanced Calling is not really an acceptable solution, just a bandaid.

0 Likes