Problems after Update
hickson6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since last update phone is not receiving calls and annoying ads keep popping up no matter what I'm doing.  Can anyone help????

Labels (1)
Re: Problems after Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, sorry to hear about the issues with receiving calls and with pop-up ads. We certainly don't want you to have to deal with anything that would impede the operation of your phone. We're on the case. I know you mentioned recently updating your phone. Which Samsung S-Series phone do you have? Regarding the missed calls, do these calls go to voicemail when others try calling you? Are you having issues with placing calls as well or with texting or mobile data? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
ab805545

I'm having the same issue on my s8+ after updating to Android pie. 95% of calls I receive go straight to voicemail. And calls I make are 1 out of 4 that they connect. When making a call it says wireless service not available but my mobile data is turned on.

0 Likes
cheygirl7386
Enthusiast - Level 1

My calls are going straight to voicemail,  when a call does come through the connection is horrible and cannot even talk. I'm not receiving text messages unless I restart my phone. They need to fix this now, I have never had a problem before!  I have a note 8

0 Likes
Samhrinda

Same issue. S8+ just updated to pie. Cant recieve inbound calls while advanced calling is on. If I turn off advanced calling I can't use mobile data during a phone call. I use my hotspot and take calls all of the time so it is a pretty inconvenient issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I too would be concerned if my phone was behaving this way after a software update as well, ab805545. I want to help in getting this fixed. When did this issue first start happening, if not immediately after your update? Do you know if any other Verizon users/devices are having the same trouble in this same location? Can you share with me the nearest cross streets and city where you're experiencing this trouble? This will allow me to take a closer look at the area.

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would certainly recommend troubleshooting for you device. You can do this using the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/.

EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes
Jballze
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have problems after the pie update. I have a galaxy s8. I don't receive phone calls,but if someone leaves voicemail I do get that. I have no problems making calls or texting. 

ab805545

It literally happened the say I manually updated to Android Pie. My fiance, who has the Galaxy s8+ as well, hasn't received the update, and won't manually update, is having no issues with her calls not being received or placed. Us 31 and Tracy Rd. In Whiteland, Indiana is the nearest cross street. I have no problem connecting to any browser or app while on wifi or Verizon LTE, so I can't help but think this is a software issue of some sort due to incompatibility. 

0 Likes
Frooggy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turn off and disable Verizon caller I'd app.  Fixed my issue.   All calls working,  and 3 texts popped in right away.