Highlighted

Post 4.3 update Wifi issues

After the 4.3 update to my S3, I am having major issues with my wifi.  All apps that require internet connection and even Google Play is having issues loading.  However, when I switch to Mobile Network 4G the same Apps load up with no delay or problems.  I have knowledge of the current wifi issues with the 4.3 update. Is there anyone out there with success in finding a temporary fix that works.  I've tried hard resetting, safe mode - removing SIM Card and battery, and re-configuring the wifi settings. Non of those fixes worked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Post 4.3 update Wifi issues

Customer Support

Hi Haksui,

I'm glad that data via the Verizon Wireless network is working, but understand wanting Wi-Fi to work as well. Please try going to Settings > Wi-Fi > tap the Menu key (to the left of the home button) > select Advanced > "Auto network switch" and make sure it's off/not checked.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

I should have been clear when I stated I reconfigured the wifi settings. I meant that I did un-check the "auto network switch". The problem stated in my previous post still persist.

0 Likes
Highlighted

If you Google, you will find you have now joined the "4.3 Broke my WIFI/Bluetooth" club. Welcome!

Any suggestions you get from -anyone- concerning ways to fix this WILL NOT WORK. YOUR PHONE IS NOW BROKEN. THERE IS -NO- FIX.

Sorry that you're now a member. You can complain to management, but it will do you no good.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hi Haksui,

Thank you for clarifying what you've tried! Please try resetting your Wifi router at home and if there's any updates required for the router, I recommend doing these and then retesting.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

ElizabethE_VZW, why not be honest and simply tell Haksui the truth: that 4.3 Wi-Fi is broken and no one at Verizon, Samsung, and Google wants to admit it nor fix it.

Highlighted

Verizon will not admit they aware of any issues with the 4.3 update.

0 Likes